Original topic:

UPDATED: Resolve S20 FE (Exynos) Battery Drain and Heat Issue

(Topic created on: 08-13-2021 01:12 PM)
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys... the S20 FE battery drain issue had been completely resolved also leading to reduction in Heat issue. (Thanks to miki_patak on reddit to find this out)

The actual culprit is (*drumroll please*) Device Care app.

• Just turn off Unused apps to sleep, and remove all the Sleeping and deep sleeping apps from the list.
  • Also turn off the Adaptive battery.
(For people who had newly bought the device or have factory resetted it kindly wait till the phone learns your battery usage pattern and also the Background Usage Limit segregrates the sleeping and deep sleeping apps for itself... it will take time.. but have patience... and once done, kindly follow the abovementioned procedures.)

Doing so the samsung background services Keeping the apps in sleep and deep sleep will not kick in because of which the Stock Android OS Scheduler will give a massive bump in battery and reduction in heat.

For me i was getting a 4 hour of SOT on my S20 FE exynos... doing so it bumped to 7-8 hrs... and i have been on 120Hz all the time with wifi, data, location etc on..

(Those wonder how it works then the Adaptive Battery from AOSP puts apps in according to usage patterns. There are defined mathematical algorithms that are used for this. Issue is OEMs (in this case Samsung) are allowed to modify those algorithms to be more aggressive. Samsung tuned something wrong and it's over aggressive which leads to some core Android services being blocked from triggering. OS scheduler than tries to do same thing over and over again and because it fails, it keeps itself in endless loop. It's waisting CPU cycles and battery. Since as you know the Android System has wakelocks. So those wakelocks are here because system tries something, Samsung algorithm blocks it, than system tries again and again depleting the battery causing drain and heat)

P.S. you can try this on any A, S, Note series device. Since for me its working wonders... also if you try kindly tellme about your device response in comments...

Have a Nice Day..

Works for 
M21 (Exynos 9611)

Doesn't work for
S20 FE (Snapdragon Verison)
A52
S20+
42 Comments
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thanks bro... actually samsung did had messed up with the device care app and their optimisation services... and its exynos specific...

Anyhow thanks for letting me know that it works for M21.. Also please let us know if anymore of the device fixed by this... will just update the OP...

Thanks...
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yeah sure man!
I literally have a bunch of friends who are samsung users. Will ask them to try this method and will let u know if any noticeable difference(s) is found.
anazmalik
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

I'm using a Galaxy s20 fe exynos at one ui 4.1. I'm getting about 4 to 4:30 hrs of sot. And I did just like you said. turned off adaptive batter and removed all sleeping apps and turned off that feature.. but I can't see difference. I charged my phone to 85% and now my sot is 55m and screen off time is 45 min and I'm at 64% now.

0 Likes