Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

UI 3 update for galaxy s9 series

(Topic created on: 05-28-2021 01:13 PM)
SriSingh2004
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have seen that galaxy s9 series is missing in the update list provided by Samsung . When A50 like silly phones can get the update why can't s9 series !?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Samsung promised only 2 major OS updates for its Midrange devices, S9 series already got its 2 major OS updates, so it wont get.
The policy of three major Software update was for S10 series and the falgships that came later.

A50 was launched with android 9 on board, so it recieved 2 major OS updates, which were android 10 and 11

Whereas, S9 was launched with android 8 on board, which were android 9 and 10

If u find this helpful kindly click on the three dots and click accept as solution.

View solution in context

26 Comments
Anonymus360
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Because it has got 2 major os upgrades
SriSingh2004
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ok brother, I got it thanks for clarifying
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
Samsung promised only 2 major OS updates for its Midrange devices, S9 series already got its 2 major OS updates, so it wont get.
The policy of three major Software update was for S10 series and the falgships that came later.

A50 was launched with android 9 on board, so it recieved 2 major OS updates, which were android 10 and 11

Whereas, S9 was launched with android 8 on board, which were android 9 and 10

If u find this helpful kindly click on the three dots and click accept as solution.
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
But initially S10 series also had only 2 years. They changed that policy to 3 years later.
Why cant they do the same for S9 series ? Because its not worth the money people paid for it.
Seems like samsung doesnt value the money customers pay them.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
First of all, let me clear this once and for all, no phone is silly. A50 IS NOT A SILLY PHONE. Clear?

Now to answer your question, A50 was launched with Android 9, so it received 2 major updates, Android 10 and Android 11, while S9 series was launched with Android 8, and received 2 major updates, Android 9 and Android 10, simple enough to understand.

Their 3 major software update policy is for S10 series and later flagships and select A series devices.
SriSingh2004
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
First of all let me clear u that A50 becomes a silly phone , in comparison with S9+ , and of course A50 might be the best phone in its range. It literally feels so stupid that Samsung treats S9+ (a flagship) and A50 (mid ranged) equally. Literally paying like thousands for a phone and not getting the update feels bad . Hope that u understand my point
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No phone becomes a silly phone in comparison to the other. You are just trying to prove that you have more money by saying that and I am saying this clearly, if you do that, you have no place in this community. We believe in equality, not in comparison. We do compare, but in a healthy way, not in the way you do, and coming to your point, Samsung used to treat all phpnes equally, now it has changed a bit, 2019 and later flagships are getting 3 major updates now. And this hopefully will roll to all devices so that they can treat all devices equally again. Each and every customer is important. Flasghips do get priority as they receive monthly updates. But in the end, the brand should not be biased towards flagship consumers and should treat all devices equally.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You are right.
0 Likes
SriSingh2004
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hey you are talking to much ..... calm down . When did I have more money , kindly use brain not kidney. If I had money I would have been using S21 ultra instead of s9+ . I just posted my query , one of them answered it politely , not like talking rubbish . And now I understood that s9 could get only 2 updates . And due to people like you community gets polluted , always pointing out negative things in others . Even i believe in equality ...but wait a minute , here we are talking about phones ....so being practical is important . Iam a consumer , I have rights , and thats why I asked . If I think in your perspective you are saying that samsung S3 and S21 ultra are equal , how's that even possible and how can u apply the concept of equality here . So calm down , don't try to oversmart , it seems that you use A50 phone . Even in my opinion A50 is an dashing phone but but but when u compare it with some flagships it of course stays lil back . And now i understood that samsung already gave 2 updates to s9 series . This time I hope u understood quite better than before.
0 Likes