Original topic:

Touch not working.

(Topic created on: 04-08-2017 11:08 PM)
Jeswin1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
My touch sensitivity has decreased drastically within a day.
what is wrong? I'm unable to type or scroll properly. phone doesn't seem to register my touches properly. it either doesn't recognize or it just responds late.
PLEASE HELP ME
0 Likes
10 Comments
Subzero355
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Do you have any screen protector installed on it?
0 Likes
Jeswin1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No I don't. it was working fine all day long until yesterday. The phone app is the worst affected by this. the numbers are entered seconds after I touch the screen. other apps seem fine. Some games and some apps have this issue. it's so irritating.
0 Likes
Subzero355
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
could you please boot into the Safe mode and then let me know if the problem is still present in the safe mode?

Turn off the phone and hold the Volume down button until the phone boots up completely.
0 Likes
Jeswin1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I tried it. it's still the same.
0 Likes
Subzero355
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
consider wiping cache partition from the recovery menu.
0 Likes
Jeswin1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
How do I do that?
0 Likes
Subzero355
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge completely.Boot into Galaxy S7 recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Home keys.While pressing these, hold the Power key too.Release all three buttons when Samsung Galaxy S7 screen flickers and you see the logo.Once in Recovery mode, you will have to use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.That’s just about it!

You are now in the Galaxy S7 recovery mode. When you want to switch back to the normal mode, you can simply use the Reboot option. At any time, you can also exit the Recovery Mode by pressing the Power button for about ten seconds. This trick also works in cases when your device gets stuck while you are in the Recovery Mode.

now what you need to do is to navigate to Wipe Cache Partition and press the power button to enter.
0 Likes
Subzero355
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
if this still hasn't worked for you, be sure to check this link
you may find a solution there: https://youtu.be/Wpzf2S0AUnw
0 Likes
Jeswin1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hey there! Thanks for helping. I found my issue.
I had the triple tap to zoom feature turned ON. And this is what caused my phone to respond also with touches in certain apps. I turned it off and now everything is back to normal.

Thanks again for helping.
0 Likes