Original topic:

Third Android Pie beta for the Galaxy S8 brings February security patch

(Topic created on: 02-01-2019 09:58 PM)
uk29
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung today rolled out the third Android Pie beta for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ one week after the second beta landed. The company opened up the beta program for the 2017 flagship in an unprecedented move. It previously used to limit the beta program to the Galaxy S flagship of the current year. Not only that, it also released Android Pie beta for the Galaxy Note 9 and the Galaxy Note 8. The phablets were not made a part of the program before. The latest beta release for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ brings fixes for several bugs. It also adds the February 2019 security patch. Samsung has not even detailed it yet for devices running stable builds of Oreo and Pie
Third Android Pie beta for Galaxy S8 has been released

Samsung is now rolling out firmware version G950FXXU4ZSAI and G955FXXU4ZSAI for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, respectively. This is the third Android Pie beta release for these devices and weighs in at just over 500MB.

Bugs fixed in this release include one which prevented the fingerprint sensor from working in Samsung Pay. Issues where the Camera app would forcibly close and virtual keyboard would appear when unlocking with iris recognition have been addressed too.

The company is likely going to release the stable Android Pie update for the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+ later this month. It’s quite possible that this might be one of the last Android Pie builds for these devices. Those on the beta program can get this latest build over-the-air by tapping Software update in the Settings app and selecting the Download and install option.

7f70a554-2e30-48b5-a520-c7c4c283a7b6.jpg

0 Likes
10 Comments
SamGon
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
well that's nice
0 Likes
fhdznn
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Thats Cool!
0 Likes
Iz
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm using s8 too
i receive updates of a month at the end of it.
e.g.
about the January 1 security patch I was notified on January 27.
0 Likes
khanasif19
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
not available on my s8 running on one ui beta 2...
vishnu1998
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
have u noticed any bugs that cause to unable to use the phone
0 Likes
staraptor
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
yeah, not available on my S8 beta 2 either.
0 Likes
uk29
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I think nt available in India yet
0 Likes
Mahi3
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
which country got beta 3 update for one ui
0 Likes
NityaA