Original topic:

The Official Charger isn't working anymore with Galaxy S10 Lite

(Topic created on: 07-13-2020 05:50 PM)
Subhambapna
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

I just woke up today and plugged my device, I noticed that it isn't getting charged from the official chsrger.

To check for issues:

1. I charged the device using a OnePlus charger which worked buttery smooth.

2. I charged a device from my Samsung Charger which also works.

3. I cleaned the port. 

4. I also went to Settings > Apps > Show System Apps > USBSettings > Storage and cleared it. 

5. Tried booting into Safe mode.

I strongly advice everyone to stay away from buying this device, it has quite bit of issues. 

Earlier to this I had to take it to a service center to get the display issue resolved, amidst COVID-19 and this time also I think I might have to take it.
0 Likes
15 Comments
Subhambapna
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I've used an iPhone and a OnePlus 6T prior to buying this device, I now realize why people avoid Samsung and end up choosing Chinese brands like Xiaomi, Oppo and stuff.
0 Likes
Sahejpreet
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
But infact i have used previous samsung devices this is a bizzare issue. hopefully it gets resolved soon.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We understand your concern and will help you to resolve the issue. Be assured, kindly follow below given basic troubleshooting steps in order to resolve the charging issue:-

1. Kindly check the power socket functionality with a different device or try to charge the device in a different power socket.

2. Charge the device :- Please charge the device in switch off condition for a minimum of 10 minutes.
If not resolved: (Removable battery) – Kindly remove the back panel of your device and check the physical condition (Bulge, Swelling or visible damage).
If the physical condition is not good: Request you to turn off the device immediately and please do not try to charge or tamper the battery also request you to visit the service center immediately.

3. Check device in safe mode:- Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.
To enter in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears>Press and hold the power off icon.
To Exit safe mode: Restart the device.

After Performing the troubleshooting steps if the issue still persists, kindly get back to us with additional information- Error log File, Video or Screen-shots. This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.
(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).

For future reference, you can contact us by sending email at support.india@samsung.com or call us 1800-5-07267864/1800-40-7267864.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
skprasad
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
please visit nearest service center they will resolve the problem. it is a hardware issue not software. I visited they changed the charging port and everything is fine now
0 Likes
Sahejpreet
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
How much time did they took ?
0 Likes
skprasad
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
if ur phone is in warranty they will replace it free of cost
0 Likes