Original topic:

Super fast charging issues with samsung galaxy s10 lite

(Topic created on: 05-29-2020 02:01 PM)
Navi5
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi,

I got S10 lite in Feb 2020 and all was working fine. However, since the last 3 days I am getting some issues while charging my phone.

1. It does not charge in super fast mode despite the fact the settings are on for it.

2. The phone charges only from one side of the charger connected. If I turn the charging wire upside down, it does not charge the phone.

3. The same issue with the type C audio earphones.

Any idea what could have happened? Is this a software or a hardware issue?

9 Comments
sameermehta2
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Try cleaning the usb port see if works,if not you will need to get it checked,mine is on Feb patch doesn't have an issue 

0 Likes
Saaku07
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have facing same issue in my s10 lite since 3-4 days.. Type C is cleaned but still problem is there.
0 Likes
sameermehta2
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Then probably to confirm if it's a software problem you may try to factory reset the phone

0 Likes
Saaku07
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ofcourse it's a software issues.. I m running a very older software version of February security patch and didn't received any single update after February
0 Likes
Navi5
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

same here.. mine says its on the latest software (Security patch level - February 1). Surprisingly, I read a post somewhere and it said that S10 lite is scheduled for a monthly update.

0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve this issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1) Safe mode:-Power off the device > Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device > When the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key.
Note :-To exit safe mode restart the device .

2)Check charger functionality:-Request you to check the charger functionality with a different device or try to charge the same device with a different charger.

3)Reset the device: -Kindly create data backup of your device via SMART switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite.

Tap on Settings>Tap on General Management>Tap on Reset.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
krisnaarya14
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

mine just got this problem today, it is exactly the same. :(

0 Likes
Navi5
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
ok so this turned out to be a harware issue.. had to visit samsung service center and they changed the charging port free of cost since its still under warranty.. if you look closely at the charging point you will see there are 4 pins at 4 corners.. one of them was damaged in my case.. it works fine now after they changed it..
0 Likes
Lillz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi, i started facing this issue recently. Can you tell me if your issue has been solved or what did you do ?
0 Likes