Original topic:

Suggested Overnight Charging feature

(Topic created on: 11-17-2019 04:15 PM)
Karthik_Reddy03
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I would like to give a suggestion regarding really good charging feature.

Suggested name: Adaptive smart charging

What this feature basically does is help us charge overnight without damaging our batteries further improving their life time. 

It automatically detect our sleep and then charge or phone to 80% without fast charging(as we have the whole night to charge) the it stops there and keeps trickle charging and it is better than full charging at 100% and dropping to 99% and then again charging it to 100% where battery is harder and slow to charge and is bad for the battery. 
And at 80% it calculates the approx time to full charge from 80-100 and start charging before we wake up by detecting our alarm. 

(Or give an option to set SLEEP and WAKE time so that it is accurate).

(Or if it is accurate enough in detecting or daily sleep and wake pattern that is also fine) 

This would save time of people to charge in the morning and even extend battery life. 
11 Comments
rausaheb
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It would be great to see this feature on samsung .
Galaxy S
Please do post it from your side also, if more people post this and use that hashtag samsung may hear this and implement, just a small hope😄
Goldychahal
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
just like apple did..
Galaxy S
exactly but apple didn't give user to set manually the sleep and wakeup time where this can be implemented by samsung.

This is seriously a good feature and saves around 1 and 1/2hr in the early morning and let's me check my phone as soon as I get up instead of plugging my phone to a charger.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
this feature is not great as you guys think it is I have iphone 11 pro bro and I used this feature
0 Likes
eviosinsurance
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Wow that is really a nice idea. Thanks from Evios Insurance

arijitkoner98
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
that's a good suggestion
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
bro that's not true about this feature I used this feature in my iphone 11 pro this feature is more than just a gimmick and it's less handy however this feature only turns off charger while charging wireless but in wired charging this feature doesn't works at all
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
my iphone 11 pro has these feature if you trust me this feature is more than just gimmick I used it for few days it isn't a great feature as you most of you expect. it's just a gimmick nothing more than that more over the battery does not charges from 99 percent over the night once battery is charged the phone battery circuits does not allows any current inflow towards battery , that is once battery is charged the phone use the power of charger not the battery at all
0 Likes