Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Spam , dating sites

(Topic created on: 05-28-2023 08:13 AM)
WWJD
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, how do I block dating sites and other spam **bleep**. For the last two weeks ive had plus minus 18 mails daily and my vodamail has no blocking options. None of these unsilicitated mails which goes against my beliefs has an unsubscrbe function. Not sure how and why they are suddenly showing up in my inbox. Any suggestions 
8 Comments
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Switch over to Gmail. Gmail has filter options. The thing is with those spam is that as soon as you open it, it creates network traffic and shows that your email address is active. So best is if your mail service like Gmail filters it to spam or the bin, so you don't end up opening it and create traffic. Gmail has key word features that you can set up to filter words like dating etc. If it is vodamail I'm sure there is a way to set up Gmail to use vodamail instead of Gmail. Also try samsung mail app , maybe it also have those filters. I hope it helps.
WWJD
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you . But the problem is my mail address, will need to change and if being using this.address for 30 plus years
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Isn't there a forwarding feature that you can let it automatically forward your mails to Gmail until you got time to notify all your contacts to use the new gmail
WWJD
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
None unfortunately, I'll have to make another plan. Thank you for your kindness and willingness to help
Brad_K
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Try Samsung email app. May allow you to add vodacom email.Screenshot_20230528_154303_Email.jpgScreenshot_20230528_154246_Email.jpg
Jared_12
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I use this, solid app. Many options and easy to sync with rest of my samsung apps.
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Maybe he can create it on other. Go to vodacom store then they can add the vodamail smtp server and create a pop or imac push mail feature.
WWJD
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you will try
0 Likes