Original topic:

Some expectations

(Topic created on: 10-09-2022 09:39 PM)
jayesh03
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello samsung I just bought s21 Fe 5G it's such a beautiful device, it has all the hardware requirements I wished and it has a clean and smooth UI But what really disappointed me was 1) There is no seperate dark mode setting for individual app 2) There is no inbuilt app lock for privacy purposes you have to resort to third party apps which comes with tons of add and marketing plus notifications like messages keep popping up and you can't even mask it all you can do is disable it 3) Mobile notes is an excellent tool for Students like me but being a student i really need to draw or create mind maps and stuff samsung notes does not support this too. My question is whether we'll get these changes in upcoming software updates ? Because all the frwtures i mentioned above are very easily available in budget phones the device i have i have is not very far from flagship being a customer i or any rational person would expect these features if they are paying so much for a mobile  
Kindly respond 
3 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
1)Individual app dark mode is mostly given by those particular app developers.
Eg: turn off dark mode on your phone, go to WhatsApp and turn on dark mode from WhatsApp settings. Similarly, you can do the same for apps like google maps, chrome, Samsung internet browser, well for most of the apps.

2) A separate app lock is always welcome, but I prefer secure folder.
This may help you to use it effectively - https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/How-to-use-Secure-Folder/td-p/10643723

3) Samsung notes does allow you to draw, erase, write, etc.
0 Likes
jayesh03
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for helping brother

But tbh it's more a UI thing than the app developer coz not all the app developers provide dark mode in their app but the UI forces dark mode even on such apps

Yeah I'll look into the secure folder

And I've checked Samsung notes does support writing drawing but it does not support mind maps devices like MI have that feature in its notes app
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You mean miui can apply dark mode to only some particular apps without using the settings inside those apps?
Where to find that option?
0 Likes