Original topic:

Solution to Exynos Gaming Problem

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 11:43 PM)
Prajjwal1012
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
This video by chong liu can open Samsung's eyes. The problem is not with the Exynos Hardware. In games, it's the game optimizing service that does this **bleep** of throttling. People said that these chips heat up, but I never felt my S10+ much hot on the outside compared to other phones. Even Mr. Whosetheboss's thermal comparisons don't show much difference. In benchmarks also it isn't much behind snapdragon S10+. Although I can complain about woeful performance in S20 series maybe.

The problem is with the same optimising service in Exynos versions. Check this out-:

15 Comments
GeekGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I was about to share this. It is really working well for me. S20 Exynos user here.
0 Likes
Prajjwal1012
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Do it fast, I have DM'd thetechchap on instagram. We have to make it go viral.
0 Likes
GeekGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
done
0 Likes
Prajjwal1012
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
See my comments down below
0 Likes
User28
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
So a detailed steps are made? Does this also apply to S10?
0 Likes
GeekGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
yes. i have not used it but i am sure.
0 Likes
Prajjwal1012
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
yup, worked for my s10+
0 Likes
Prajjwal1012
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
See another post below made by me.
0 Likes
Prajjwal1012
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
You don't need to root your phone or tether it to a PC, either to disable GOS or see FPS. Just follow the steps in the video to disable GOS.

To see frame rates, you don't need any additional app. Turn on developer options in settings (Google it if you don't know how to), within those options, you will find the games section (it's pretty down below). Turn on GPUWatch. For PUBG, set 'App to watch' as PUBG Mobile, set rendering API as OpenGL( I don't know why, but it doesn't work with Vulkan in case of PUBG), and within widget settings, choose your color and transparency, and at least have the FPS widget on. You can turn on the other two, but they will take up too much of the screen display area. Note and compare the results before and after turning off GOS. To test other apps, just select them in 'App to watch', although you'll have to see which API it works with.

Best of luck, I hope it works for you too!
0 Likes