Original topic:

Software updates for Galaxy S10 plus

(Topic created on: 05-24-2022 06:47 AM)
Goodgodbhanu
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Has the updates for galaxy s10 plus stopped? I didn't receive any updates for May. So I am wondering if this is the end of software updates for the galaxy s10 series?
7 Comments
biswasnripen
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
No, you will receive the update soon as per samsung policy
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Galaxy S10 Series has now been shifted to quarterly update schedule.
Now you'll only get security updates once in every 3 months
Goodgodbhanu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
That's too bad. There are still so many bugs in this new update. Quarterly updates make it tough to deal with these bugs.
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes i know but this is what it is
Everything goes according to policy so now you've to deal with it😅
Goodgodbhanu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Regular updates is the one area Apple is much ahead than Samsung. I wish Samsung could learn something from them 🙄
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro literally their's no fault of samsung in this...
Every phone gets supported for a certain period of time...
when Galaxy S10 Series launched in india, from that time to march 2022 it got rock solid software support by Samsung
But as of now as it's on it's 4th year ak (last year) of software support, that's why it's been shifted to quarterly update schedule
Apple gets the longest software support coz as you already know that apple only releases it's flagship lineup of iPhones Every year. But if you see the Android industry, brands launch multiple device's in a year including budget, premium mid-range & flagships too & Supporting each & every device for 6 to 8 yrs is literally not possible... apple supports it's devices longer coz apple only has it's flagship lineup to support so that's why their software support is usually longer than any other Android manufacturers
I hope you got my point 🙂
0 Likes
rpknath1
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Apple is still giving updates to their 6s series, 7 series, 8 series whereas they are in with 13 series. So, they are more customer centric than Samsung i think.
0 Likes