Original topic:

Software and security update policy

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 12:51 AM)
Likithnitai
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hey everyone. I purchased samsung galaxy S20fe 5g in 2022. How many software and security updates will samsung provide me from 2022?
5 Comments
Anuj_097
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Sir, please do not worry about the updates. Updates, most of the time, downgrades the experience nowadays. Use your phone without any software update (unless necessary). You will experience the device at its best. We blindly updated our devices and now we are faced with bugs and stutters
0 Likes
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I will.not agree with you on this one. As software update keeps coming for the better of the system we are using. Its like we get update every now and then on Google play store right. That we always do. So that the apps are working good. So same goes here for the software update too.
Yes I agree that sometimes things do go wrong, but that also samsung does help us with time. My overall experience of update has always been good touch wood on that note. I have always updated my phone. Never hesitated on doing that.
Anuj_097
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
True to a good amount of extend, but the problems on a premium after the update of one ui 4.0 made me this pessimist 😅
0 Likes
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Seriously if you ask me. After using android 12 on m51 I have loved it. Works good form me. 2.5 days battery 🔋, no lags, good quality camera 👌 what else. I don't play games so can't comment on that. Rest everything is working just great for me. 20220608_103506_90400_1654664706.jpg
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Dont know about mid ranges.
But S20 FE 5G used to last 8-9 hours on a single charge in OneUI 3.1. Now it barely lasts 6-7 hours.

You cannot blame the battery because this device is just 2 weeks old (the one I own). And you know that within 2 weeks a battery doesn't degrade like that. This happened right after update.

Also for the camera experience, the quality has reduced after OneUI 4, the same has happened for my previous S9+. And the same is being reported by Note 20 etc users.