Original topic:

So 20 fe 5g battery drain

(Topic created on: 05-10-2022 10:56 PM)
raghava_datta
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I bought brand new s20 fe 5g this week.
I was expecting good battery life of atleast 6-7 hrs sot. Many reviewers claimed that their vattery lasts 6hrs + sot with 20% left at the end of the day including mild gaming.
I'm getting around 5hrs of sot with casual gaming and 120hz and put most of the apps to sleep, still im getting only 5hrs.
As the return window closes soon shall i need to put a replacement order as i feel for 4500 mah its pretty low and that too a brand new device 6 days old.

18 Comments
Galaxy S
Vivo's phones battery backup is outstanding...🙂
0 Likes
Rajil_21
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
What is the battery capacity of iqoo 7?
0 Likes
raghava_datta
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
4400 it has even bigger screen than s20fe5g
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It's mah pleasure to clear your doubts... 😇
You know, the day i got hands on my Galaxy S20 FE 5G i jst fell in ❤️ with it🥰
It's my 1st full blown samsung flagship. Earlier i was using realme X2 Pro, the hardware was great in that device no doubt, but the software experience & software support were pathetic...
realme's flagship was full of bugs here & their. Then i realized that if software is not optimized then you can't get the RAW power from your hardware. Then i got Galaxy S20 FE 5G on my hands & after that, my flagship experience changed to a whole new level...
Anyways congrats for your new Galaxy S20 FE 5G & hoping that you would have a great flagship experience ahead ❤️🥰
0 Likes
raghava_datta
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup bro.
Today my device got its learning patterns need to see how it lasts so far 100-86% in 4h30min 40min sot cant judge rn but i felt that even when phone is not in use dain is noticeable
0 Likes
Galaxy S
But my f62 provide bad battery backup from first time
0 Likes
raghava_datta
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Update!. Got this battery backup after the usage patterns learnt and settings tweaked. Btw it has mix of 15min gaming few hours of mobile data, wifi other setting turned of, few apps put to deep sleep.
I felt that idle drain is very highScreenshot_20220509-064220_Device care.jpg
S-Dey
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I am getting only 3 hours SOT upto 35% on my S20 FE 5G which I got just 2 days ago.

I noticed that after the WhatsApp data restore (About 6 GB), the battery was draining like crazy by the "Media Storage" app. I'm not sure whether to get it replaced or return it. But with this crazy battery drain, I can't use this device.

The software is up-to-date and I'm not using SD card either.

Screenshot_20220510-182519_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-182535_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.
Battery optimization helps you to boost the battery performance of your device. To check battery optimization:

Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care > Optimize > Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

Kindly turn off the smart features of the device and other connectivity features when not in use, which will eventually help you to reduce battery power consumption (smart features such as Motion gestures in advance feature and Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Hotspot, etc.).

Please follow the below steps:
1. Swipe down on the home screen to open the notification panel.
2. Tap on Bluetooth, Location/GPS, Wi-Fi, Mobile hotspot, NFC, etc. to turn off.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes