Original topic:

Sluggish UI / Finger Friction / sticky screen / slow touch response

(Topic created on: 05-11-2020 12:52 AM)
GalaxyKC
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have a galaxy s20+. Since the last few weeks I was finding that the phone is sometimes slow to respond after unlock (sometimes). Initially I thought the issue was caused by some rogue app slowing down the phone but after a lot of trial and error I was able to realize that the issue was not relating to software but moist fingers/hands/palm. 

Due to increase in humidity and moisture in the air, due to onset of summer in Chennai India, my palms are moist these days, and when I swipe my finger across the screen there is some friction as my finger glides on the screen. 

This issue is also observed after washing hands with soap, when the skin is possibly very dry. Nowadays due to the covid-19 scare people are washing hands more often and this may have made the sticky screen symptom appear more.

Solution: I found that dusting my palm and thumbs with a little talcum powder did the trick and my fingers were able to glide across the screen effortlessly and the UI felt snappy again. 

Posting this so that it may help others get to the solution a lot quicker and with a lot less frustration that I did. 

Cheers. 

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
are you using any screen protector over it or not? anyway do this settings and check 👉 humid condition can form that kind of friction nothing to worry
GalaxyKC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Not using sceen protector. Removed it the day I unboxed the device :)
0 Likes