Original topic:

September security update issue

(Topic created on: 09-22-2021 01:48 AM)
ArpitDabhi
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I bought samsumg s20 fe 5g in may and it was working fine till now. Recently i got one update september security update and after updating the phone it acts weirdly. 
1. The keyboard is not working properly. Sometimes it does not recognize my touch and misses the keys I click.
2. The screen flickers after every 8-10 minutes. Screen goes black for few micro seconds. It is happening very fast but it was not happening before.
Anyone else facing this issue? 
17 Comments
Galaxy S
I don't have any updates now on my S20 FE 4g. If same problem occur then I'll let you know.
vigs20fe
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes I face the first problem. After September update, the missing key touches are too severe. I hope they would correct this in next update.
While typing this I got 15 missing touches 🤪.
I hope this is not a hardware issue because I have planned to keep this mobile with me for 3 years. Are you using screen guard ?
If yes then remove it and check.
Many people say to flash the sw from service center and seems many problems are getting resolved. You can try and post the update.
ArpitDabhi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Why in the first place anyone would have to go to service center? Its just 3 months and I have spend 48 thousands on this FlagShip phone. I used Redmi note 4 for four years and I didnt have to go to service center for once. And here I have samsung flagship phone and in just 3 months I have to visit service center. If one update can damage my device like this then I lost faith in you Samsung because you send update every month, and now I dont trust you. It might break the system in next month or upcoming month's update too. That means I have to visit service center every few months!!!
This is not acceptable at all.
Very disappointed.
vigs20fe
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Ok then wait. Let's wait for next month update.
Current temporary workaround is to type slowly and little bit extra pressure while touching. In that case you wouldn't observe this too frequently.
ArpitDabhi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah thanks. And what do you think about the screen flashes issue? I dont want any hardware failure😪
vigs20fe
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I don't see any screen flashing issue or may be I don't know what is it exactly. You mean the screen flashes on off on off without we control it ?
That didn't happen. But for me the screen flashes during unlock through fingerprint.
We will wait till December for better update. Because feedbacks are collected for 2 months and then rectified.
ArpitDabhi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah so lets say I am using instagram and suddenly the screen updates itself automatically like we lock and unlock the phone. It happens so quickly but why in the first place it is happening. This can damage the device hardware. I hope it doesnt happen and samsung resolves this issue asap. Because I see many other people face the same keyboard and screen flicker issue.
FearLesS007
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Also call to customer care ... Register your complaint for the same tell them u tried everything which is basics now do register ur complaint nd note down your complaint number ask to release new update for fix this touch issue ... I did the same
FearLesS007
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Also call to customer care ... Register your complaint for the same tell them u tried everything which is basics now do register ur complaint nd note down your complaint number ask to release new update for fix this touch issue ... I did the same
0 Likes