Original topic:

Seeking help for purchasing S20 Fe 5g

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 06:43 AM)
gadget_geek
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,
Presently I am using an s series for a long time and I want to upgrade. I hear a lot of good things about S20 f3 5g but also I have learned it has some serious heating issues. Is this true? Can someone who knows about this tell if it's true so that I can opt for some better option like an I phone in stead.

Any help is appreciated. 

kkhanduri
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Don't know what's a hurry to just launch phones with issues and lose trust. Again in low budget Samsung is cutting features but cost is high. And in mid range the phones have issues.
0 Likes
alwaysdjdas
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I am not facing any kind of heating issue. Battery backup also enough for single charge for the day(normal use)
gadget_geek
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Do you multitask a lot like watching videos listening to music and taking photos? And still it doesn't heat up? How long is it that you have been using the phone? Don't mind. Just asking to be sure
0 Likes
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Try making a duo video call with 75% or more brightness, without being in a AC room.. i can bet the app will force close due to overheat..

Or try making AR Emoji in AR Zone. The notification gonna popup within 15 mins that device started overheating..

M not saying the device is bad... it is good, i too am using, and also in the last update they have actually improved the heat issue... but the thing is this device isn't meant for power user, like someone who might use dex or heavy multitask.

Since also you can't run 2 apps in dex for more than 20mins before it starts to overheat and force close.
gadget_geek
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't play games. Just You tube videos, watching movies and texting and yeah some 2/3 hours of music. Although yeah I use my phone extensively
gadget_geek
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Do you use your phone for long hours at a stretch and yet you haven't faced any heating?
0 Likes
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It is suggested to wait a bit more. S21FE is just around the corner, and will be launched soon.
gadget_geek
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I hear it will have exynos processor and I am not up for exynos
0 Likes
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Nope it will be snapdragon... and even if it will be an exynos it will be 2200 with rdna.. who won't want that beast?

Ntbh i can trade mine with even 2100 anyday... cuz 2100 is actually a beast..
annac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I am not facing lot of heating issue and it has good battery life