Original topic:

Secure folder google play services sucking a lot of battery juice.

(Topic created on: 02-19-2022 07:14 PM)
Inminet
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
There are 2 google play services and both taking quite a lot battery juice. Especially the one with secure folder icon on it. I don't use secure folder at all.
1. What is the secure folder google play services doing here and why is it taking a lot of battery, more than the usual google play service?
2. What can I do to:
 2.1. Delete this secure folder google play services?
2.2. Make usual google play services take less battery power?

Battery drain

Secure folder google play services sucking lot of battery for no reason

Usual google play services battery usage

7 Comments
Galaxy S
Google Play Service , system stuff, need to run Android system so can't do anything much but it's consuming battery too much, big issue
rush20
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
My google also consuming battery
How to stop this?SmartSelect_20220219-201810_Device care_29117_1645282090.jpg
Galaxy S
I too have same issues 😕
Finding fix
If found I will post it
rush20
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Okay 👍
Thank you
Inminet
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@Uday_12 but I don't understand why there are 2 google play services. May be if onpy one google play service is there, it will be less of an issue🤔.
Galaxy S
One for secure folder will be there even if you don't use ! I'm trying to find a fix
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.
Battery optimization helps you to boost the battery performance of your device. To check battery optimization:

Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care > Optimize > Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

Kindly turn off the smart features of the device and other connectivity features when not in use, which will eventually help you to reduce battery power consumption (smart features such as Motion gestures in advance feature and Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Hotspot, etc.).

Please follow the below steps:
1. Swipe down on the home screen to open the notification panel.
2. Tap on Bluetooth, Location/GPS, Wi-Fi, Mobile hotspot, NFC, etc. to turn off.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes