"The feature makes OTA updates a riskier affair, while also letting you use your phone during the update process."
For those unaware, here are the perks of seamless updates:
1. All security patches and app optimization post updates happen in the background.
2. While updating, the phone works just as normal and doesn't lose its functionality.
3. Majority of the update is applied without requiring reboot.
4. After background update, one reboot is required, which takes about 5 mins and the update is complete.
5. Completely irons out issues like slow apply of updates that takes more than 30 mins and optimization of apps post reboot, which are very annoying.
It's good that Samsung will now be forced to implement this in every device but since it's Android 11 and considering Samsung's update record, it might take at least 2 years to hit all the galaxy devices.