Original topic:

Screen issues with my Samsung Galaxy S9

(Topic created on: 10-17-2019 12:26 PM)
Vasu_Mohit
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Its been a couple of weeks since I started seeing this issue with my Samsung S9. The phone originally did this once or twice where a little over half of my screen had a green color going across with flickering horizontal lines. Shared images show the current state of my phone at all times. 

Could someone help me understand what's wrong with the phone. Can't believe that the screen quality for this Samsung could have been so bad it barely lasted over a year. 

Screen goes Green with visible horizontal lines with medium level or auto brightness.Screen goes Green with visible horizontal lines with medium level or auto brightness.Screen goes Green with visible horizontal lines with medium level or auto brightness.Screen goes Green with visible horizontal lines with medium level or auto brightness.Visbile yellow haze on screen when on full brightnessVisbile yellow haze on screen when on full brightness

13 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
display burn in issue.or connector plug in issue...if your device got display burn in issue then only possible solution is to change the display
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I faced same ..Samsung service center replaced it
0 Likes
Vasu_Mohit
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thanks for sharing. Just when the phone went out of warranty.. What a bummer!! Would you know how much am I expecting to pay for it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
12840+ battery if you want to change it...because after new display replacement, old battery create problems..
0 Likes
Galaxy S
its the display problem you have to replace it.
here go through this link which shows offical rate of display:-
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/in-mobile-phone-part-cost/

just select your model and you got the cost.
0 Likes
kunal5
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
same happened with me they told me to replace screen bt i didnt so i start the phone in safe mode use for some time then restart the phone again and till now no green screen problem for me..!
0 Likes
Deep-Dhillon
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
this is surely the connector issue when it stucks properly displays works properly & when there is any minor disconnection this problem occures
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It might be a case of Display Burnt, but to confirm..There are few Apps available on Play Store to confirm this..Like Screen Test or You can check it by Dialing *#0*# from Dial pad & Check by clicking on all Colours available.. If you find yourself satisfied with no Discoloration or No pixel damaged..Then just go for Factory Reset after taking all your data backup..
0 Likes
Vasu_Mohit
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I tried these screen tests... All colors look just fine. Think I am going to try the factory reset next. Thanks!

0 Likes