Original topic:

Screen Replacement

(Topic created on: 07-25-2019 11:35 AM)
knightryder
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guy's i think the screen replacement will be the most horrifying nightmare for all galaxy users. I would like to share my experience and i hope which will help some of you in future. My device is galaxy s8 and which i had bought 10 months back from flipkart, at that time they were providing insurance for 599 on offer which is actually worth 2599. I just bought it because of the attractive 599 price tag. After 10 months usage accidentally i dropped the phone from my hand. I took it up from the floor and my beautiful amoled screen edge is broken. I'm still able to use the phone but i perfer to repair the phone so that i can enjoy the beauty of the screen again. I went to Samsung service centre and asked the price of display replacement, answer from the advisor is bit shocking. The s8 edge display replacement cost is 14800. Samsung is producing excellent displays for galaxy series phones no doubt but the replacement charges for those screens are not affordable for most of the users. Here comes the life saver of your phones that is the Insurance. I contacted the Insurance people and they've told me pay policy excess Rs.500 via online and send the phone to them via courier. After 5 day's i have recieved a call from pune Samsung service centre and they were told the repair is completed and they are sending back the phone. It took total 12 days for the whole insurance claim process. After receiving the box from insurance company i opened the  and surprised they've changed the whole body of the phone not just the display, sides and the glass back also replaced. That was unbelievable for me my phones looks like brand new. I have saved Rs.14800 from my pocket just because of taking the insurance. Even if bought the insurance for non discounts price ( Rs. 2599 ) then also i will be saving more than 10000 for display replacement. Here is the thing i suggest all of you should take insurance when you buy new expensive smartphone, one accidental drop of your phone may cost thousands from your pocket.

Good day to all.
0 Likes
2 Comments
xdgone
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
s series actually has a first screen replacement free of cost policy from samsung, just need to sign up for that program after purchage of the device.
0 Likes
knightryder
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
i think that was only available till 2017 October.
0 Likes