Original topic:

Samsung s20 Green White Screen Problem

(Topic created on: 08-28-2022 05:31 AM)
AjitAzt
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

From yesterday I am facing this problem where my phone screen will suddenly turn Green and stop responding. After searching online found few tricks such as restarting phone but none of them worked.

Detailed - From 3-4 days I was facing very tiny horizontal lines waving throughout the screen but then yesterday it went all green bleed. It went normal after 10min of inactivity. It has happened twice with last 12 hrs. My phone is not under warranty and thats why taking to service-center will cost me a lot of money.

Searching online I found out that lot of user are facing this problem, this definitely looks like manufacturing defects.

#s20 #GalaxyS20 #SamsungGalaxyFlawedSeries

s20_green_Screen.jpeg

Note: If you are also facing same issue in any of your samsung mobile, I would request you to please upload image/pictures of the same here in the comments. Having good number of images in a post will help samsung to see the seriousness of the issue.

anxious100
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Samsung hasn't done anything yet. there customer service is rude also i think i have to pay 16,000 now

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Guys please watch this & be aware of this issue before you buy new flagship smartphones of Samsung

Current Position of Samsung S series & especially the S20 plus phones.

https://youtu.be/a6xMfYEE_0U
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We request you to kindly visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

AjitAzt
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

As I told earlier that I was in conversation with Samsung Customer Care, after calling multiple times over past week I can say that Samsung has officially denied repairing the screen for free. According to them as my phone is out of warranty I have to pay the amount to get the screen repaired. But they were still failed to answer two subsequent questions - 
1. Why my phone suddenly got this white-green-yellow screen problem without any physical or liquid damage ?
2. And what is the explanation behind so many samsung s20 users facing same issue after july software update ?

And just side note, I had the most horrendous experience talking to their customer representatives. As the representative were always telling me that they can't give the needed information and thus a senior person will call me back in some time. After that I did not receive any  call, so next day I called again and got the same reply with another representative and this repeated for several times for several days.

And last two times customer representative misinformed me and on calling it out they hung up the phone after putting me on hold. Still waiting a callback from customer care but even after more than 24 hrs I had no luck. 

So next possible step that I am going to take is create a campaign asking Samsung to address this issue on a priority basis by collecting all affected users under same place. I also urge all of you who are facing this issue currently or has faced this issue earlier to support me in the campaign. I will soon update the campaign details in the comment.

Thanks,

Ajit Singh

JagSBediA31
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Similar issue, ceo desk has nō approval for s20 ultra, though it being a device manufacturing fault: https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/S20-Ultra-Screen-Burnout-Samsung-Care-Advance-Nō-252300...
0 Likes
JagSBediA31
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Petition won for S20 series and all display issues in samsung lineup with manufacturing defect. Display, battery and wāter seal replacement ie. NCHA kit replacement for affected devices: https://www.change.org/p/samsungindia-samsung-samsungmobile-please-stop-ignoring-1000s-of-affected-b....
0 Likes
AjitAzt
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Hi @KavitaBedi, I dont think samsung is covering whole screen burnout issue on single green line issue. They are ignoring my case like anything, Did you have any luck with your case ?

JagSBediA31
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
This is a manufacturing defect accepted by samsung, thats the reason s20 replacements. If they dont respond, file a case defective unit case in consumer court. We are not buying some roadside product. Nō one pays close to 1 lakh for substandard product. You will have to persue harder and perservere.
Galaxy S
Guys please watch this & be aware of this issue before you buy new flagship smartphones of Samsung

Current Position of Samsung S series & especially the S20 plus phones.

https://youtu.be/a6xMfYEE_0U
0 Likes
JagSBediA31
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
They will have to bear all defect repair costs or provide rrplacement unit. If they dont respond, approach consumer court after 20 days of complaint. Court will provide you with complete handset amount + your court expenses + court decided compensation for inconvrnience caused.