Original topic:

Samsung miss this useful feature.

(Topic created on: 04-22-2023 11:01 AM)
Anshad_d
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have been a xiaomi costumer for past 7 Years before purchasing S23. I miss the option to restric app from using mobile data. cause in UAE mobile data is too expensive and needs to avoid accidental usage of mobile data by high consumption app such as instagram or tiktok. Data saver and background data restriction will not do this..all other android mobiles havw this feature
18 Comments
mZoOnY
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Anshad_d
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
These apps have use VPN which disturb my other features and not ad free, all other andoid phones have built in simple feature
mZoOnY
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
It's a virtual vpn
So all other ip related info stays the same
You can look for other firewall app with good users reviews results
0 Likes
Anshad_d
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
But this will distrub the actual vpn services. Again it will not help accidental usage, every time need to check the app is connected or not.
0 Likes
Infinity53
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Does samsung have its own vpn?
Anshad_d
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes samsung max vpn
0 Likes
Infinity53
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Oh nice
salmanul
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
To restrict an app from using mobile data on your Samsung S23, follow these steps:

1. Go to the "Settings" app on your phone.
2. Tap on "Apps".
3. Select the app that you want to restrict from using mobile data.
4. Tap on "Data usage".
5. Toggle the "Background data" switch to off. This will prevent the app from using mobile data when it is running in the background.
6. Toggle the "Mobile data" switch to off. This will prevent the app from using mobile data altogether.

By following these steps, you can restrict an app from using mobile data on your Samsung S23. This will help you save on mobile data costs and avoid accidental usage by high-consumption apps like Instagram or TikTok.
0 Likes
Anshad_d
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I want to use my mobile data,but some of the apps should not take mobile data even if i open the app.this is what i really needed,your answer is not gonna help me out in this
0 Likes