Original topic:

Samsung is very much biased with S10 Lite

(Topic created on: 09-05-2020 12:14 AM)
bsaikrishna
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S

One UI 2.5 hits Galaxy S10 Lite but with little improvements

The new and refined version of Android 10, One UI 2.5, doesn’t quite feel as new and refined on the Galaxy S10 Lite, the latest Samsung device to get it. Identified by build number G770FXXU3CTH4, the over-the-air release started rolling out in Spain earlier this week but has yet to extend its reaches to any other region. The changes are minor even compared to the Galaxy S10, which is particularly notable because of the new, frustration-free Pro video mode that the Galaxy S10 Lite missed out on.

Meaning this update only improves the duration of Single Take selection intervals in the camera department. All of the big capture features like granular resolution controls, mic selection, and the like in Pro video mode are nowhere to be seen.

Not a lot of new features for S10 Lite users

In all likelihood, the differences between the camera experiences in One UI 2.5 are indicative of Samsung hitting the hardware limitations of the Galaxy S10 Lite, as opposed to its better-specced devices from the same range. The same holds true regarding other inconsistencies, such as the lack of wireless DeX functionality, another significant quality-of-life improvement from the update (the S10 Lite has no wired DeX support, either).

Motion Photos do have sound following the update, much like they do on other devices. It’s also worth noting that Google’s navigation gestures now work with third-party launchers in full, i.e. the experience is system-wide.

Source:Sammobile

12 Comments
Galaxy S
had you got in your phone?
0 Likes
bsaikrishna
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
no not yet... expecting this month
0 Likes
Iman_irema
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi,

If you want to get it earlier use the smartswitch app on windows. Download it > install it > plug in your phone and wait for it scan for updates. 

I just updated my s10lite yesterday to oneui 2.5 and I live in Tanzania. 

0 Likes
bsaikrishna
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
yeah but in india its not yet rolled out... i have tried already but didn't see any update yet
0 Likes
bsaikrishna
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
and can you post what are the pro mode camera features that you can see after update ?
and is there any update to pro video mode too ?
0 Likes
Iman_irema
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

SmartSelect_20200907-053721_Settings.jpg

You could try to change the ROM like i did. Mine came pre-installed with the UAE version which was extremely slowly in getting updates, i changed it to the spain version and that's how i am also receiving timely updates.

Of course you do have to use ODIN for this procedure. But luckily no data is lost during the whole process (though backing up is still a good thing)

0 Likes
Iman_irema
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Sure, i can post the pictures,  I'll do that later today since it's 5am where i am right now.

0 Likes
bsaikrishna
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
sure thanks 😊
0 Likes
Iman_irema
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Screenshot_20200907-081003_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20200907-080952_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20200907-080944_Camera.jpg