Original topic:

Samsung india

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 12:06 PM)
navinchandar
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Let me explain, I have a Samsung Galaxy S20+ and am quite disappointed with Samsung's latest update. I recently received the One UI 4.0 update and as a result of the update, a green vertical line appeared out of nowhere on my display. I am at a loss for what to do; I have tried booting in safe mode, resetting my device, and wiping the cache partition, but nothing has helped and I am still concerned about the green line. Now my warranty has already expired at the end of oct 2021, even the Samsung service is not giving respect and responsibility which is insane. The problem faced by them is almost identical, with single or multiple vertical green lines appearing in the display. It is the duty of Samsung to protect the interest of all its stakeholders, especially the customers who are long-term with Samsung.
The S20 series is meant to be in the premium category, which means it should be made of high-quality materials and for which I paid more than 50k, yet look at what I am dealing with after only a year and a few months of owning the device.

And I would like you to know that many S20+ customers are reporting the same problem following the update on the Samsung community.

Many of them reached the service center and were advised to replace the screen. As you might expect, this so-called premium display will cost a fortune.

I also visited a Samsung service center where your technician told me to change the display and it cost nearly 16k.

I'm just thinking, why should I pay this amount and for what?

Is this a punishment where we bought the Samsung S20 series rather than going for an iPhone with the same cost?

As I have been a loyal customer of Samsung for the last 12 years I would request you to solve my problem, or else the basic expectation is to replace my display free of cost from your service center.

Need action on an immediate basis without any further delay.

Your immediate response is highly appreciated.

Kindly see the attached file regarding the same.
8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Next time if gone invest such amount of money wont bother about customization features then go to IOS
navinchandar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes bro
0 Likes
gladius314
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
OneUI 4.0 update or 4.1 ? I think green/pink line issue is on 4.1 ?
0 Likes
navinchandar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Viz
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Please accumulate those who are facing the same issue in s20 :
https://t.me/+QC1i6-R5kmQyY2U1

this is a telegram group link, so that we can accumulate and bring justice to this concern. Many reputed news have also recognized this, now we cannot back off.

https://gadgets360.com/mobiles/news/samsung-s20-plus-display-vertical-lines-pink-green-user-reports-...

https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-display-failure/
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application with your contact details. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible. 

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards, 
Samsung Customer Support 

0 Likes
Pratheep007
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Please join this thread to represent the issue collectively ASSEMBLY POINT FOR ALL GREEN LINE ISSUE CUSTOMERS. Post your grievance once again in this group.
0 Likes
Pratheep007
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Hi,
We have formed a page wherein many users who have experienced DISPLAY GREEN LINE ISSUE are expressing their grievance. We need your support too.
Please join this below thread to represent this display failure issue collectively.
Thread/ post name: ASSEMBLY POINT FOR ALL GREEN LINE ISSUE CUSTOMERS.
Search for the above page/thread in Samsung members app.
And Please post / copy paste your grievance once again in this group to show a collective representation of the problem. Thank you.
0 Likes