Original topic:

Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 5g

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 08:41 AM)
Binsu
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I pre ordered samsung galaxy s21 ultra 5g but from the moment i got this phone its over heating like anything. Too much heat near camera module. Showed in customer care today and did an back end update but still issue persist. Will be hanfing over phone for replacement. Looks like units are passed without any QC in place.
Binsu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
all these was done at your service center and nothing worked out. have given for replacement.
0 Likes
RakeshJR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Snapdragon 888 phones are literally burning out compared to Exynos 2100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lvYphwhJSg

And do watch this review at 3.52 he speaks about your issue. Its kinda common with all high end camera module phones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiuE8HVW6dk

0 Likes
Binsu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
issue resolved by customer support team via backend..now things are working perfectly fine..thanks all
0 Likes
RakeshJR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
by any chance do you know how they fixed the heating issue ? if possible share it , there are few others facing the same issue
0 Likes
Binsu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
what they told me was some software issue related to binary..they got the update from their head office and applied this patch to my phone. now its not heating up like previously. i am using this to extreme usage for past 2 days as customer team has told if it resurfaces then handset will be replaced As of now no issue.
RakeshJR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
did they do it on the go in your presence or you had to leave the device with them? Try using the AR Zone and see if screen and phone both heat up
0 Likes
Binsu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
i had to leave device with them..yes checked AR Zone..screen n phone are not getting heat. its just a normal temp which even my note 10 plus gets. No issue noticed as such.
dipanshah
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
my email to samsung. the worst customer service ever

As spoken to you i have used the phone from 13 days. i had overheating issue from day one. once the prebooked device came in my hand in the last 10 days i have followed all procedures suggest by samsung to make sure the heating is not happening because of 3rd party apps.

I have ran the phone on safe mode, deleted 3rd party apps not used the phone on charging.

Firstly the issue is happening while using the camera and video calling it heats to a point where i am not able to hold the phone.

I had visited the samsung service center at dadar mumbai yesterday 8th of feb 2021. They took my phone and ran the diagnostic and  returned the phone to me and told me that 38 to 42 degree is normal for this phone which for me is ridiculous if the phone is reaching 38 degrees with just the use of camera there is something seriously wrong.

I visited them again today 9th of feb 2021 they refused to take my phone despite giving them a demo by clicking pictures for a 1 min in portrait mode and the phone had started getting warm by now. They saw the heating and told me this is normal and upto 38 to 42 degree is all normal. So according to them i should wait for my hand to burn before filling a complaint because the narrative they told me is the bombays weather also reaches 42 degree. Give me a break people who are spending a lac rupees on a phone and you are giving this narrative i am sorry to say the disappointment i have had and i am samsung user from 10 years now and i have never had to step in the customer care with any of my phones.

0 Likes
RakeshJR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Binsu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
samsung service center is as pathetic as their service engineer... they are nuts and will not accept their fault. i really repent why i purchased such a lousy phone called s21 ultra.