Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy S21 series still not receiving One UI 5

(Topic created on: 12-06-2022 08:54 PM)
NVB
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'm not sure if this is the carrier's fault or Samsung's but the midrange A53 received the update before the S21 series....

If been a Samsung fan for an really long time but this is the kind of thing that wil make my switch to the iPhone. 

I really think the carrier issue needs to be addressed because i don't necessarily think this is Samsung's fault but i really think Samsung needs to use a strategy that's not relying on the carrier's to push out updates on time...

I honestly hope Samsung wil fix the staggered update problem and use a system like Apple's where every eligible device gets updated on the same day or at least the same weak because they sell more device models and cut the carrier's out of the process...

Because if this continues next year il just switch to an iPhone....

6 Comments
Smekahle
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
We need a petition that will be sent to ICASA
Bryceelvis
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
True
0 Likes
Rudzani
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I raised the same issue about Samsung updates and the fact that I'm thinking of moving away from them, but some feels is not a reason enough to move away.

I honestly hate how this updates are done on Samsung and I believe there a lot of people who feels the same. Some who can afford iPhone might end up moving to apple and some might stay because of iPhone's affordability.

But reality is that Samsung is losing members because of this.

But I also have to acknowledge the fact that there is a lot of improvements and now they are pushing updates quicker. The only bad thing is this regional thing.
0 Likes
Bryceelvis
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
They have to stop with regional bulshit!! Produce same device for every region and just make us choose between chipsets only. Updates should be recieved world wide at the same time for each model. Cut the carries!! I love Samsung gadgets but this is becoming so annoying
0 Likes
MolefeMello
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
This is exactly the same response I have been getting. It seems like they want us to be frustrated and go get the latest models.
0 Likes
Bangy
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I agree with you if your phones model ends with U it means it's using a snapdragon model basically created for the China and USA market. For you to be able to use in your country means it was unlocked so to update your software you must update it manually
0 Likes