Original topic:

Samsung confirms AMD GPU for its next-gen

(Topic created on: 01-13-2021 08:54 AM)
CrazyBoy28
★★
Options
Galaxy S

Fonearena

Samsung introduced Exynos 2100, the company’s latest flagship SoC that will power the Galaxy S21 series. Inyup Kang, President of System LSI Business at Samsung Electronics at the end of the event confirmed that the company has been working with AMD and the next-generation mobile GPU from AMD will be used in the next flagship Exynos processor. This is a welcome change from the ARM Mali GPUs that the company has been using for the past few years.

The new Exynos 2100 has specs that are on-par or even better than the Snapdragon 888 which is its direct competitor. We will have to wait to check how the ARM Mali-G78 MP14 GPU fares with the Adreno 660 GPU. With the AMD GPU Samsung should offer even better performance.

According to tipster Ice Universe, we may not have to wait for the Samsung’s flagship processor with AMD GPU till next year since these are expected to arrive later this year. The company had announced back in 2019 that it will take at least two years to adopt the new AMD GPU into its processor, so this might he true.

He also said that it might power 
Galaxy Z Fold 3 coming later this year. Samsung already denied rumours about discontinuation of Galaxy Note series, so there are chances it might power Galaxy Note21 series as well.

- Vatsan Fonearena 
6 Comments
Suyo
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Samsung is rising to the leagues of Qualcomm!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I feel pity for the owners of S and Note.. I also read that S21 will be cheaper than the previous one..
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Mmm...!!! I don't think so
0 Likes
yogggg
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Countries like india should get snapdragon processor
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Exynos Seems like Powerful than Snapdragon
0 Likes