Original topic:

Samsung apps

(Topic created on: 11-20-2021 11:49 AM)
KooldeepRvl
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
I am a big fan of samsung phones and samsung phones features. But don't you think that samsung should have to give permission to uninstall their apps which we don't want to use. For example samsung pay is a good app but those people who don't use samsung pay they can uninstall it. It is good. I already uninstalled samsung pay But what if i want to uninstall more apps which i never use.. like bixby, Ar doodles, Ar imogies, netflix, etc...
Mostly i want to uninstall bixby. I know i can stop it from apps settings but don't you think that its a consumer's right to uninstall it? Bixby is the reason for battery drain and it is usless specially for me. I am sorry if you are a fan of bixby but i just want to say that samsung should give us permission to uninstall bixby. What do you think guys? Please comment below and let discuss about other applications too which you want that samsung should have to give permission to uninstall it.
9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I use Bixby and yet it takes less than one percent of the battery!! Yeah an option to uninstall those apps would be great,but none of the OEMs allow that. Except for stock android,but then it lacks a lot of basic useful features like screen recording for which we have to get third party apps. Also google apps cannot be uninstalled there too I guess. Therefore there are positives and negatives for everything. Yes in an ideal world it would be fantastic to have all the useful apps and uninstall those we don't want.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Whether Samsung should allow uninstallation or not is debatable, but what I know is that you can easily uninstall these apps using ADB. You just need a PC or laptop for that.
KooldeepRvl
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
No i don't want to crash warrenty of my device
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
There are no warranty issues with using ADB. Bro its Android, as long as you don't root your device, you will be fine. You can use ADB withour any fear.
KooldeepRvl
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
But understand my words..whatever i said. Its the right of customer that he can uninstall any app. Right or not?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I don't know about Samsung Pay whether it is uninstallable or not.
But Samsung Pay Mini neither be uninstalled nor disabled. This is so frustrating.
They must give an option for users to uninstall them. Because we pay for the mobiles.
KooldeepRvl
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
You are right
KooldeepRvl
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Samsung pay in uninstallable. But some A series users can't uninstall samsung pay mini
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Ug
0 Likes