Original topic:

Samsung and worst audio experience

(Topic created on: 01-02-2018 10:15 AM)
Balajihbk
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have an S7 edge. I bought an Audio technica high fidelity headphone. I thought it would be an awesome experience with this beast.
But unfortunately the audio output, effects, instruments separations, max volume, etc are even worse than a 10k Xiaomi Redmi note 4 and my brother's iPhone 6. I shocked after noticing that.

Then I went to a nearby mobile store and checked other brand flagships like Xperia xz1, LG G6, Nokia 8 , Note 8 etc..

Then felt like why Samsung is working on such high-end devices. Each and every phone outperformed Note 8, s7 edge and s8 plus.

Samsung is using Wolfson dac in their Exynos devices which is the best in the market for mobile phones. But still it can't deliver a good audio.

I think its not a hardware issue. it's their software which simply make it useless.

Please Samsung fix the sound signature of your phones. They sound really cheap. It's your worst software.

I don't know what's the use of the UHD upscaler feature. There is simply no difference. Just a minute crispness in the audio. That's way worse than Redmi Note 4's audio enhancement settings.

Then tube amp pro ? What the hell is this? Useless. Then when I tweaked the equaliser, volume reduces. What is this?

LG is using an awesome dac. which sounded better than all the flagships. They are way way better than any phone's audio experience. It felt like using a dedicated music player.

Headphone audio experience simply sucks in Samsung phones like their camera.
8 Comments
Balajihbk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Adapt sound helps a bit. But the uhq upscaler is useless. There is no difference bro. I have to try with my friend's s7 edge. I think there is an issue with my handset.
0 Likes
GalaxyTeam
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Join Note 8 Telegram Group for Indian Users
https://t.me/joinchat/DvvVrkAYfNQcXiOLCes0vg
0 Likes
sirfan570
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
turn on mono audio and UHD upscale raab9cea7-2553-459d-9481-995ba82caf66.jpg
0 Likes
Balajihbk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Still there is no difference bro. Only the audio becomes mono.
0 Likes
sammobile001
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
headphone model name
0 Likes
Balajihbk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ath m40x
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thank you for being with Samsung and sharing your concern. We would like to offer some troubleshooting steps to overcome the issue:
1) Navigate to Settings >> Apps >> Press on three dots >> Reset App Preferences.
2) Navigate to Settings >> Sound & Vibration >> Sound Quality & Effects >> Disable UHQ Upscaler.
3) Check with any other headphone in your device.
If the issue still persists, We would request you to provide logs/video by registering this feedback in Error Section (Samsung Members App -> Feedback -> Questions/Errors -> Create -> Error reports)
Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes
Elvis
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
try installing poweramp. Bought the full version when I liked it.
0 Likes