Original topic:

Samsung Super Fast Car Charger dual 45W and 15W

(Topic created on: 08-21-2021 11:33 PM)
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have the S20 Ultra 5G and just bought the Samsung Super Fast Car Charger dual charger connected to the USB c 45w port sometimes it charges super fast and sometimes it doesn't charge at all and there are times it will charge very slowly.

I restarted the phone same result

Fastory reset same result. 

Tested the car cigarette lighter port with multimeter and the voltage is above 12 volts DC. 

Enabled all battery fast charging toggles to on and same result.

Using original USB c cable that came with the car charger.

Tried different USB c cable on the 45w port same result. 

All of the above trials showed that I was connected to super fast charging 2.0 but it would not charge. 

Also tried the 15w port same result. 

Phone charges very fast only using the super fast AC charger. 

What is the problem here??? 

16 Comments
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi,
Please check your car charger cable with AC charger. Here you can confirm wheather the cable is ok. Now carefully read the instructions on the car charger. Especially about the voltage requirement. Also check it with any other port available in the car or try it on a different car. I think its a problem of your car DC outlet.
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thx Mohammad Sijah but like I mentioned in my original post I tested the cigarette lighter with a multimeter and it shows 13.8 volts and the fuse that is fitted to that in the fuse box is 20amps and all the tests were carried out while the engine was running to ensure proper power coming to the charger
0 Likes
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I haven't tested it in another car or different USB c cable I will try but the charger is 1 week old and the phone is 1 month old
0 Likes
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
The charger is original genuine from the official Samsung store
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi, I have noticed that using car charger after keeping my car exposed to the sun during day time here in UAE with the temperature reaching 40+ degrees can effect the charging speed and some times it might stop it, what I suggest you to do when you experience the same issue next time is to unplug your car charger from the cigarette lighter socket, hold it next to the car AC for few minutes then plug it back and charger your phone, you can feel the difference immediately, please try it and let me know if that solution was helpful 🙂
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi Bassel
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi 👋
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you so much for that I was suspecting that actually that heat was the culprit... I will try this definitely tomorrow
Galaxy S
Yes please, let me know 😀