Original topic:

Samsung Suddenly 'Confirms' Massive Galaxy S10 Upgrade

(Topic created on: 01-21-2019 11:36 AM)
Akshitkamra
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

d4790cba-ffb4-4489-b45d-447db1705930.jpg

Samsung loves to tease. So, with the Galaxy S10 launch date fast approaching, the company has now decided to leak what I believe will be the new range’s most crowd-pleasing upgrade… Picked up by eagle-eyed tipster Ice Universe, Samsung has released a 25-second teaser for the Galaxy S10 which lists the range’s previous achievements before highlighting the big change this year “Because you deserve more”.
The term itself is a clue, because Samsung uses it to after showing a large, fast charging battery. With leaks already claiming the Galaxy S10 range will have batteries which deliver both those things, Ice Universe notes this is Samsung using its teaser to effectively rubber stamp this news.

So how big will these new Galaxy S10 batteries be and how fast will they charge? It is expected that the Galaxy S10 will get a 500 mAh increase from the Galaxy S9 to 3500 mAh, while the Galaxy S10 Plus will also jump 500 mAh to a Galaxy Note 9-matching 4,000 mAh (it is one of the longest lasting smartphones you can buy). Meanwhile, charging speeds are being boosted thanks to an increase in power from 15W up to 22.5W. It isn’t all good news, however, as the new flat screened Galaxy S10 Lite will draw the short straw with a battery capacity of only 3,100 mAh.

4f87193b-6c55-4b07-bc8f-52986a7f7bae.jpg

Whether the official specifications match these numbers exactly, remains to be seen. But what is now clear is Samsung is preparing to give the Galaxy S range its first major battery upgrade since the Galaxy Note 7 scandal in 2016. I’m glad the company is finally moving on. But these increases won’t come cheap. The Galaxy S10 range will be eye-wateringly expensive and there are some concerning limitations to its headline features, not to mention their progressive (if controversial) new designs. That said, looking at the big picture, this is the most excited I’ve been about a Galaxy launch in years…
0 Likes
2 Comments
BiRdMaN
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
👍
ayushaggarwal
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks for sharing the information