Original topic:

Samsung Saying Bye Bye to Android

(Topic created on: 10-29-2016 03:48 PM)
HamadJobs
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Rumors Say:

Samsung been working on its own operating system for some time now, that is the reason why Google did hurry up and designed it's own mobile from A to Z, knowing the fact that Samsung will stop using Android soon.

I think after the Note7 recall/loss Samsung need to work on two things to be the number mobile in 2017:

1| create it's own operating system that is clean, simple, solid, minimal and super snappy and fast. A system that Samsung can control from A to Z and can update as soon as possible.

2| Taking its phone designs to the next level, Samsung is on the right direction, but they need to focus on DETAILS, DETAILS and DETAILS. That is what Apple and Google are focusing on after designing their phones. Many Chinese manufacturer got good designs but when you hold their phones they still feel cheap and tacky because it lacks major attention to details that Apple master and Google is taking seriously.

I am 1000% sure if Samsung can perfect those two, it will KILL both Apple and Google in a year or two, it got all the know how they just need to pay attention to them two.

all the best Samsung,

Hamad
4 Comments
HossamAlmasri
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Samsung already has its Tizen operating system and it is running on Samsung gear s smart watchs , Samsung Z series and some TVs .. but it will take years before Tizen ecosystem come even close to Android ecosystem. BlackBerry OS and windows mobile died because their ecosystem is not powerful as android and iOS.
HamadJobs
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I think the news about Samsung buying the company that developed Siri is a big move, and shows that Samsung is working on its own OS. I know that Tizen is on Samsung gear and TVs but if you look at the 3 Top phones in the market right now (S7, iPhone7 and Pixel) both i7 and pixel OSs are very solid and fast and promises and update as soon as possible here where Samsung lack. In hardware Samsung is #1 in my opinion ( best screen in the market, best Camera in the market, water proof, wireless charging...etc) if as you said Samsung needs "years" then it's market share will diffently go to Google or Apple. You can't be the best mobile company if you don't develop your own OS and manufacture your own hardware that won't happen, especially that Google is perfecting it's phone hardware now, it's way better than Nexus, it's the iPhone version of Google.

all the best Samsung,
Hamad
0 Likes
ChristianK
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Getting rid of Android would be the stupidest thing to do now.
0 Likes
HamadJobs
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
remember Android 7.1 already out, which Android you are using now? 6?
0 Likes