Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung SM-G985F/DS, Green line issue

(Topic created on: 08-20-2023 09:58 AM)
HonEy9000
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
A Green line suddenly appears in the middle of my screen. 🀯 I bought this device for around PKR 185k. My phone is not dropped nor the water, humidity affected. I am using my device and suddenly the Green line appears. I took care of my device at its extreme.

Samsung must take responsibility for the issues that appear in the devices. Samsung flagship devices are the most expensive series. If these kinds of hardware or software errors appear why do we buy these devices?

And if I am not wrong the Super Amoled is the most expensive LCD globally. 70% price is added to their smartphones due to that technology. They have to take responsibility for their consumers around the world. Specially in Pakistan because it is a big market for Samsung over here.

Apple is the main competitor of Samsung they always take responsibility for their bugs and they rectifies the issues whatever the problem in hardware or software if any. Then why Samsung is not taking it important for the sake of their consumers.

This is the common issue in Amolad LCD's of Samsung in different models.
I called the service centre they said that the only solution is to change the Lcd panel and the panel is around 70k to 80k. Currently the phone price is not that much if i want to sale it in pakistan market.

Who is responsible for this loss. I think we must bycot Samsung for this behaviour.
Raise for the sake of ourselfs our hard earn money is wasted on these devices.

If I am right do let me know so Samsung can look forward to this.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
aakashnawab7
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Read Reviews, thousands of people got green lines because of faulty software update by Samsung.

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s20+-reviews-10080.php

My advice is to boycott Samsung forever from now. Specially S series phones.

View solution in context

10 Comments
sawanimran
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
U purchase new or used ?
0 Likes
HonEy9000
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I purchased new box pack phone
0 Likes
sawanimran
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Then clain to shop
0 Likes
HonEy9000
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Warranty is ended as you know Warranty is for one year..
0 Likes
sawanimran
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Ohhh
0 Likes
Solution
aakashnawab7
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Read Reviews, thousands of people got green lines because of faulty software update by Samsung.

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s20+-reviews-10080.php

My advice is to boycott Samsung forever from now. Specially S series phones.
HonEy9000
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes they are offering as much as prices they want, then why do we suffer with these types of errors in the hardware or software whatsoever.
They must have to admit and give solution or repair for their own doings.
aakashnawab7
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
They are using this strategy since s6 edge.
It's a market strategy to loot customers.
If you can, do file a case in consumer court.
Now a days they use software update for this strategy. Some updates cause severe heating, some causing permanent panels damage.
0 Likes
ZeeshanRaja
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Dear...
It is an older model launched in feb 2020, so using and handling in 3 years can cause so many issues. The company in Pakistan give 1 year warranty and 2 years in other countries. If this would have happin the warranty period they would have taken care of it. This is simple warranty tenure rule.
0 Likes