Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S22 one ui 5.1

(Topic created on: 01-10-2024 08:07 AM)
JoãoRei
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So this is a post in frustration. Hiw come samsung promised 6years updates. But one year of ownership and getting an update every month. It stopped in October. Leaving me on an unlocked S22 stuck on one ui 5.1... samsung where are the updates man? I can't express my disappointment. I thought samsung had changed hence I took a chance. Your phones are not better. But the promise of not being stranded on old os builds was inviting. I need to know what is the road map as a consumer who bought at the time your flagship phone. When will I be updated. I bought one for a family member as well telling them we won't be stuck on old os builds. Websites and articles all talk about s21 and s22 s23 updates. Well it's all lies. I post here in hopes that someone can relate and push this issue higher up. As samsung is now king of liars in my eyes.
7 Comments
Saihil
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
"Your phones are not better"

What are you on about with the part I quoted out?
0 Likes
JoãoRei
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Well samsung isn't better. I came from other phones. IPhone and a pixel phone before. And they just simply keep you updated with even security updated all the time. I gave the s22 a chance because it looks good and the software was promising. Now I realize it's the same samsung as usual. Empty promises only caring about pushing new phones. You see iPhone do push new phones every year. But they still support older phones and give them new things to justify being in the platform. Google phones as well.
0 Likes
outcast1403
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
6 years of updates?I think you mean 5years lol
0 Likes
JoãoRei
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No. It was specifically 6 years. 3 years of os updates guaranteed with 6 years security patches.
0 Likes
outcast1403
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
No buddy when did Samsung promise that?Its 4 years os upgrades and 5 years of patches🤦🏽go google samsungs update policy if you are still confused lol
0 Likes
JoãoRei
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Well fine. But the phone has had 1 os update and is stuck on 17October security patch. Still a stuff up I regret buying
0 Likes
GrantVorster
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
We must all log a complaints in Hello Peter. Seems that's the only place Samsung will get back to you. We have a flag ship s22 ultra yet older more inferior phones are getting the update before us. Not acceptable
0 Likes