Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S22 Ultra not detecting 5Ghz WIFI

(Topic created on: 08-20-2022 05:18 PM)
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have tried everything but my S22 Ultra is not detecting 5Ghz Wifi. My laptop and other devices are connected to the 5G Router. But no matter what i do, i can't see 5Ghz Wifi connection on my S22 Ultra.

Does anyone had similar issue? Is any one using S22 Ultra with 5Ghz Wifi?
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just checked again. Even turned on my laptop Mobile Hotspot, still no show.

Changed the band to 2.4Ghz, the SSID becomes visible in available networks. But as soon as i change to 5GHz it vanishes. No 5Ghz network detected.

And suggestion?
user9992112
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Even my own laptop's 5ghz hotspot is not visible on my phone. Try checking it on a different router if you can.
0 Likes
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Oh Ok. That's comforting, if you say so. I was planning on RMA. But still i am doubtful. Well check on another router.
0 Likes
user9992112
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Any updates on your issue?
0 Likes
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup, you were right !
It's working on another router. Even connected to WIFI6 showing that little 6 at the bar.

Thanks!
MiFan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
This is actually absurd. The S22 Ultra in Pakistan is not giving 5Ghz Wifi. Neither it allows Call Recording (it does in India - but is there a law restricting it?) it also doesn't also support or provide any App Lock feature. I am hating this phone now. Wastage of money. MIUI was much better.
0 Likes
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
The 5GHZ WIFi does work actually. In fact it also supports WIFI-6. But i don't know why it doesn't work on most older 5Ghz Routers.

I changed my router to AX55 supporting WIFI6 and it connects to the 5GHz band flawlessly. Even shows that little 6 on WIFi Signals, confirming WIFi-6 support.
0 Likes
MiFan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Dear, Samsung is expected to be the main face of Android. And old iphone 7 plus is picking up ,5ghz. My router is Xiaomi 4A gigabit. Not very modern but around 2 year old. Working fine for all other mobiles. M seriously disappointed at Samsung. Second attempt with S22 Ultra (after s4 and they are still not that good) 😑
0 Likes
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I understand that it can be frustrating. I would recommend you check the security protocol of your router.

Change it to WPA3 and try.
0 Likes
MiFan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Okay here's the solution, a friend from Australia suggested, and it's working. Somehow Samsung Phones (certain models) doesn't pick lower Channels of 5ghz. (Again a constipation on Samsung's end) So selecting a higher channel like 153,157 etc helps the phone to start viewing 5Ghz WiFi.