Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S22 Ultra not detecting 5Ghz WIFI

(Topic created on: 08-11-2022 12:56 PM)
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have tried everything but my S22 Ultra is not detecting 5Ghz Wifi. My laptop and other devices are connected to the 5G Router. But no matter what i do, i can't see 5Ghz Wifi connection on my S22 Ultra.

Does anyone had similar issue? Is any one using S22 Ultra with 5Ghz Wifi?
30 Comments
Galaxy S
Bro 5G is not available in Pakistan
0 Likes
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Bhai, i am talking about 5Ghz Wifi. Not 5G mobile connection.
Galaxy S
Bro 5ghz is not 5g technology
It's range of signals and speed of signal and router ... its not compatible with phones generation
If you want to connect then change settings of phones wifi
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I just want to know does S22 U support 5Ghz Wifi? And if it does, why isn't 5Ghz networks showing in Wifi?

I have checked all settings. Couldn't find one for 5Ghz? If you know where to look for pls do let me know.

Even at 1ft from router i can't see 5Ghz network in S22 U. It is not even showing. Whereas my laptop and other devices are connected to 5Ghz Wifi.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have one choice of data connection in settings of 2.4ghz and 5ghz that is testing of 5ghz
0 Likes
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
There is no such setting to choose from 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. If you have, please share screen shot
0 Likes
user9992112
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
S22 series supports even faster WIFI 6 technology which was launched in s10 series. Wifi 5GHz is also supoorted (obviously). May be there is some compatibility issue with your router cuz I have used wifi 5GHz on my S20.
Safffeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't know bro. I have tried everything. My laptop and other devices are connected to my 5Ghz Wifi. But on my S22 U, the network SSID doesn't even show up.

I can't even find any 5Ghz setting in Connections.
user9992112
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
There's no setting like that in phone. Try to connect your phone with any other 5ghz wifi and let me know
0 Likes