Original topic:

Samsung S21 Ultra 5G - Airtel India

(Topic created on: 11-13-2022 04:22 PM)
vkbana
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have recently received One UI 5.0 update amd in Airtel website S21 ultra is ready for 5G usage. However, when i dona compatibility check in Airtel website, it shows software is not upgraded.
Unable to use 5G service, verified in connection settings.

Samsung is still working on the 5g update? I was thinking One UI 5.0 will settle the things.

17 Comments
Flames2007
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yeah that mean that the 5g ready update will be coming soon mostly with the Nov security patch well hopefully
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It's available man see down.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
5G update is already available in s21 ultra. Check this. Don't check-in airtel website. See whether 5G is available in your area. Screenshot_20221113_171509_Call settings_1000003963_1668339909.jpg
0 Likes
vkbana
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Its 5g mobile,we got it. But locked by Samsung and an update is required to release the lock. There were many articles on this, please read out. Anyways, thx for the response
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No this 5G wasn't there before. Before one UI 5, I got one more update after that update this option is coming. Anyways I am also confused now. I have registered with jio 5G should see what happens.
Flames2007
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
The 5g in the settings are just there to say it's 5g but it will only allow 5g when the towers and the device drivers are updated which now the towers are here and all ready the network providers are just waiting for the 5g ready to get to all devices otherwise even the iphones would have been able to access the 5g but they are not cuz in india we never had 5g until now so that's why the companies kept that option off and they just gotta turn it on so we can experience 5g properly
Flames2007
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
No not like that if you go to the airtel app and check they will clearly show that the software still needs to get updated. I mean I literally get the 5g label to when ever I go out but it's not that proper 5g they are promising to give as these devices need the 5g driver updates to turn on the full capabilities that it actually has
0 Likes
Arjun1698
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have also tried jio 5g but have not got the 5g network despite being in a 5g ready area in Delhi

I don't think they have added the 5g support yet for the s21 series.

iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
May be it will get added slowly.
0 Likes