Samsung S20 Ultra review

(Topic created on: 02-28-2020 01:25 AM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Should you buy it?

BY ANDROID CENTRAL

The hardware feels every bit worth the money, and there's no doubt that the specs have what it takes to handle anything and everything you want to do on a phone — both today and two years down the road. It has all of the hardware features you want, an incredible display, and no-concern all-day battery life. The cameras are also a big step forward for Samsung, with the ability to match Google's quality in a variety of lighting conditions, plus a good wide-angle camera and high-quality zoom shots. And the only thing you gave up from last year was a 3.5 mm headphone jack.

But there are shortcomings here, and it's hard to be forgiving at this price. The S20 Ultra is absolutely huge, and that's going to immediately rule it out for many people. Its 120Hz display mode is wonderful, but turning it on erases that great battery life I just praised. And the cameras, while capable of amazing photos, are less consistent and still stumble more often than I'd like. And for this advanced and expensive of a phone, I shouldn't have to deal with last year's bad fingerprint sensor technology or just 128GB of storage.

If price is a factor for your phone purchase, you should be looking at the standard Galaxy S20 or S20+ instead.

0 Comments