Original topic:

Samsung S20 Fan Edition, more like Fraud Edition!

(Topic created on: 04-26-2021 04:12 AM)
csmun7
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
S20 FE 4G Exynos 990 is a terrible product, and tens of thousands of rupees went down the drain just because of the processor and its performance. It has the best features (on paper) otherwise, for the price it is offered at.

Went through the troubleshooting as per instructions online, chatted with Samsung support executives and raised a question on Samsung Members. But all I get is the standard reply, as if Samsung doesn't care about these issues.

I did all of the steps given in Samsung's standard reply to heating and battery drain problems but problems still persist.

For battery:
1. Performed battery optimization.
2. I always turn off smart features and connectivity features when not in use.
3. Mobile networks are not fluctuating.
4. Device display brightness is in auto mode.
5. Screen timeout is low.
6. Updated the apps and checked for battery drain due to a particular one.
7. Run very few applications at a time.
8. Auto Sync is always OFF.

For heating:
1. I always turn off smart features and connectivity features when not in use.
2. Screen brightness isn't high.
3. Run very few applications at a time.
4. Phone doesn't have too many apps installed, or any app that is malware or installed from outside Google Play Store.
5. I don't play any games.
6. I don't use my phone extensively while charging but you can't expect me to not use it at all.
7. Checked the device in Safe Mode. Battery went down by more than 10% over night, when the phone was just switched ON in Safe Mode.
8. Latest software update/security update/Google Play System update installed.
9. I don't want to go to a service centre since all that they do is factory reset it.
Plus there's a lockdown in my city due to COVID 19.

Do you really expect me to do a factory data reset of a phone I bought a little over a month back? 
I have read countless reviews and many such on Samsung Members itself say that it makes no difference even after factory resetting the device.

I cannot go on Skype meetings for more than 30 minutes before the phone closes it due to overheating. Even Device Care and Software Update, at times, result in heating errors and get closed. Galaxy A7 2017 was better than this.

So many users facing the same issue, but Samsung neither acknowledges it, nor provides a fix!

This is really terrible from Samsung and as a loyal customer for 8+ years, I am utterly disappointed.

Is there any major update scheduled, to at least attempt to fix this? Thought the April 2021 security update will fix it, but didn't.
14 Comments
Krrishn
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
That's why Samsung is worst.
This was my last time buying Samsung.
Galaxy S
Trust me, the Snapdragon version is the same. S20 FE is a failure. Simple.
Ashutosh7x
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I have a S20FE4G and I'm
facing slow charging issue.

Samsung is slow in fixing their buggy updates.

Earlier I had Galaxy A50. The on screen fingerprint was a mess. Worked just 3/10 times. It took Samsung 6 months to fix it.

I'm just hoping that they solve this charging issue asap.
sunny86t
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I am facing same issue bro
csmun7
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Well, I hope there is some stability fix provided in the next security or OneUI update.
0 Likes
Maddy210
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Totally agreed with you mate...its garbage we paid for...
Nhronju
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the same problem. I spend around 65 thousand BDT to buy this where i can buy an iphone with 80 thousand. But The same problem for me. We need a solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I am also facing similar issues. And the great thing about this is samsung is doing nothing on this issue.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes