Original topic:

Samsung S10 missing updates

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 02:10 AM)
WDSKING
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,

I recently realised that my phone is no longer receiving new system updates. In options where normally I can force updates I can see that my software is up to date, but security level update is from 1st November 2020 (see picture below).

WDSKING_1-1615408308261.png

I tried restarting my phone, updating software via Samsung Smart Switch but the app also states that my phone is up to date.

WDSKING_2-1615408427641.png

On the web I can see a lot of new updates released since 1st November 2020, my friend which owns S10e is receiving updates regularly.

You can see my phone software specifications below:

WDSKING_3-1615408486755.pngWDSKING_4-1615408496082.png

The S10 was purchased in Poland (where I use him on daily basis) and when I restart the phone there is a Play animation - Play is a telecommunications provider here in Poland.

Is there any chance of fixing the issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
You can try flashing a XEO (Poland) CSC firmware to your phone via odin.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Comments
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Seems like the latest update for Play Telecommunications S10 series was in Nov 2020.

Screenshot_20210311-031858_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
You can try flashing a XEO (Poland) CSC firmware to your phone via odin.
0 Likes
WDSKING
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Based on my research and GalaxyA51User comment I think it will be the best solution at the moment. I will give it a try and come back with a feedback.

Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Read his second comment, your carrier has stopped rolling out updates. See the screenshot I attached in my last post.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Have a look. Though I agree they maybe testing OneUI 3/3.1

Screenshot_20210311-031858_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
WDSKING
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

That's actually not possible because I'm not a Play client and not using their sim card.

WDSKING
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I flashed new XEO firmware using Odin yesterday. As suggested I made a backup of my phone's data, then full wiped everything and installed new firmware.

Everything went good, my phone is now using OneUI 3.1, newest security updates and there is no Play animation at the beggining of booting.

Thank you guys for your assistance :)