Original topic:

Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 05-21-2017 05:15 PM)
ParthChowatia
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
The galaxy edge series with the s6 edge was brought into the market showing the samsung pay feature preinstalled, though not supported in many countries at that time ( 2 years ago )
now when India has it, why is samsung pay not supported in the s6 edge model?

That us really stupid of samsung
0 Likes
8 Comments
Imranphysics
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Supported by NFC not by MST
0 Likes
ParthChowatia
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
what?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
no its support also nfc
0 Likes
Galaxy S
i check a demo of nfc samsung pay in samsung care ..2 month old when i buy samsung c9 pro
0 Likes
soumalidon
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Samsung did not include the chip that is required for Samsung pay in S6. I guess NFC payments should still work but there are hardly any NFC terminals in India. In order for Samsung pay to work a MST chip is needed, this is responsible for emitting a magnetic field which corresponds to the credit / debit card which enables it to be used on most payment machines. Samsung did not include the chip in S6 for India but included it for all regions from the S6 edge+ onwards.
ParthChowatia
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thank you thats helpful
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

We are happy to see that we have such a platform where members can ask share their concern and other members are responding to another one. We appreciate your loyalty, thanks for sharing your concerns with the Community!
0 Likes
Adhith
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You can install the app using the link below.
http://pintient.com/1wU6

But for the S6 Samsung Pay works only in NFC supported payment machines which is very rare in India.
0 Likes