Original topic:

Samsung Pay on Olympic Edition

(Topic created on: 07-28-2022 02:55 AM)
MathewMaartens
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi there

I've got the Samsung S21 Olympic Edition (SM-G991Q), and I've been trying to get Samsung Pay to work. Because the phone was handed over in Japan, it has a different 'regional code' (I think it's called a CSC) to where I'm currently living in South Africa. Even though I've got the app installed, every time I open the app it shows a bunch of text I assume to be either Koren or Japanese, which kinda looks like theyre saying the app isn't ready for you just yet. But of course it is, because there are other normal S21's and they can use Samsung Pay.

Any form of help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Matt
9 Comments
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy S

Hi MathewMaartens

Please note that software is region based. Kindly take the device to your nearest accredited service centre for a software reload.

Solution
Galaxy S
Thank you
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I'm not sure a software reload will fix this. The software is different because it's the Olympic Edition (Btw, that's cool. I've always wanted Limited Edition Samsung devices). Try taking a screenshot of the message and use the Google photos app to translate it via Google Lens. It would be good to know what it's actually asking rather than assume it's not region locked cause imagine you are visiting SA from Japan and you want to use Samsung Pay...
Galaxy S
Well luckily it's the only Samsung app that does it. I did what you suggested and it came back with a Korean to English translation of 'To Expect! A simple and secure mobile payment will start soon.'

It's been like this for months, so maybe it'll come in the next few months or so🤷
nickdeo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hey. Have you had any luck with samsung pay yet? I've been in SA for about 5 months now with my Korean s21 ultra and still waiting for Samsung pay to "work". I was told to go to a Samsung service crentre to have it sorted.
0 Likes
nickdeo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I haven't gone to a centre yet*
0 Likes
nickdeo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I've read up on using sam mobile to reload the firmware using odin but haven't tried it yet. I'm doing some research. Don't want to brick my phone
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah well luckily for you, if it's the plain old S21 Ultra and no 'special editions', then the service centre should actually be able to do it for you, free of charge
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I also wanted to go the Odin route, but if it goes wrong, apparently it could fry the psp board, so I'm holding out until this Korean Samsung Pay comes along. So the tech guys should be able to help you out
0 Likes