Original topic:

Samsung Messed It Up Again

(Topic created on: 08-13-2021 01:14 PM)
assist4tech
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung Fold 3 is a mess, sorry a royal mess.

After the failed Exynos 990 lineup, Fold 3 is the next sorry.
Why?
1. Camera - Lower resolution than S20. Front camera is 4 MP (seriously in 2021)
2. No charger in the box ( You are paying premium + money for it. Don't tell me it is for the environment as it has increased the problem than solve it)
3. Battery - 4400 Mah, that's even lesser than S21. With so many screens how do you expect to survive a day?
4. S - Pen - You have to Pay for it and not only that to carry it you have to buy a separate case.

If you don't call this a mess, what do you?😄
29 Comments
DeepanshGoyal
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Oh and this post, folding devices is like a new child, they're maturing. They'll be expensive and will have less features then your regular candybars. But as the technology matures, more companies start manufacturing their folding devices, the devices will get better and have more better specs.
0 Likes
assist4tech
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
To everyone saying UDC is new and maturing and all this is OK for growth. Please help me understand this :
1. How does camera quality go below what was offered on Z2? Is maturity about taking things backwards?
2. Samsung has been regularly supplying better camera and display support to Xiaomi and Vivo. 108 MP camera that Xiaomi launched was infact Samsung R&D. So when other companies can offer them why not the the creator?
3. Battery - When you have a tablet like and a phone display to support how to do you imagine 4400 mah battery to be enough when phones like S20 and S21 barely get a day's worth.
3.1 No charger - After paying $1800 you expect me to buy a charger separately? Who are you trying to fool in the name of sustainability by producing more paper, more garbage and more pollution?
4. S-Pen : Note series had a successful integration of S-Pen within the phone casing. Last gen S-Pen even charged within the phone. So why the need for it to be bought separately and to be carried? Again this is downward trend and not signs of maturity.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I won't comment on points 3 and 4 (more like 4 and 5 coz you made a mistake there) because they are subject to change based on person to person.

Now for an answer:

1. Z2 didn't have an UDC, so its obvious that the camera on that is better than Z3. Camera isn't maturing, the UDC technology is.

2. The device is not targeted towards camera centric people. If you need a decent camera, get S series.

3. S20 had a poor CPU, so it was obvious, but had improved a lot now. S21 gives more than a day worth of charge. And withour proper testing, we cannot just assume that Z3 will not last well on battery, and they have to maintain a decent weight and thickness to make sense.
0 Likes
assist4tech
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Kid, I understand loyalty is at stake considering all the gifts you have been receiving from Samsung. So let it be 😊
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Who is the kid? Me or you? Certainly doesn't seem to be me coz I know how to use logicn anyways, have a good day.
0 Likes
KhushallShah
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The UDC is just on the inside, the camera most people won't use for selfies, it's more of for video callls and UDC will improve the Overall user experience with a full display feel l.

The no charger thing, it's becoming an industry norm and well not alot can be done
Battery, only so much can be fit in a foldable and still kept thin
Spen should be inbox but not everyone uses it and people who need it will buy it.

It's a great foldable and I don't get the mess part of what you're saying
0 Likes
Galaxy S
4 MP front camera in 2021🤣🤣🤣 devices have got 32 MP front camera where is Samsung 💤 😴 sleeping. 4400 mAh battery 🔋🤣🤣🤣 many devices have 7000mAh Samsung seriously is doing ROYAL MESS.
0 Likes
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Agreed. I didn't like it at all. Fold 2 was a much better overall package. Samsung themselves said that they were not satisfied with under display selfie cam's picture quality and would avoid it this year but they went ahead and used it anyway. And that's the camera that is mostly going to be used for video conferencing and stuff. 😒
I like the Flip 3 better. Great overall package. Will exchange my S20+ for it.
assist4tech
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Just watch out for the processor. If it is again sold with Exynos avoid. S20+ has been a pain to own.
0 Likes
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I don't have any problems with my E990 S20+ tbh. Everything works great.
And Flip 3 will come with SD888 in all markets.
0 Likes