Original topic:

Samsung Messed It Up Again

(Topic created on: 08-12-2021 12:21 AM)
assist4tech
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung Fold 3 is a mess, sorry a royal mess.

After the failed Exynos 990 lineup, Fold 3 is the next sorry.
Why?
1. Camera - Lower resolution than S20. Front camera is 4 MP (seriously in 2021)
2. No charger in the box ( You are paying premium + money for it. Don't tell me it is for the environment as it has increased the problem than solve it)
3. Battery - 4400 Mah, that's even lesser than S21. With so many screens how do you expect to survive a day?
4. S - Pen - You have to Pay for it and not only that to carry it you have to buy a separate case.

If you don't call this a mess, what do you?😄
Galaxy S
My Tab A don't have bugs 🪲 only crazy glitches 😅.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
What bug 🪲? Tell!
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
What more do you expect for a first gen UDC?

No charger in the box is a neutral thing for me and shouldn't come as a surprise.

Battery, we have to see real world usage before concluding something.

S Pen, agreed, should have been bundled with the device.
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Mi Mix4 has 20mp UDC... same 1st gen.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Does it live up to its 20 mp name? No, it doesn't. If they provided a say 16 mp camera, people would cry that it doesn't work as a 16 mp one without considering that it's an UDC. And that camera will mostly be used for meetings and video calls, for which it is perfectly fine. If you want selfies, use the cover display one or the 3 at the back.
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
How do you know it doesn't live up to the 20mp name? It hasn't even been out in the market yet, or are you a MI insider or something?
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Isn't it obvious? Samsung couldn't do it, ZTE Axon 20, the first ever device with UDC couldn't do it, bold of you to expect that Xiaomi can do it in their first attempt. It is quite literally obvious.
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Only time will tell, and your logic is outstanding 🐵
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Exactly, only time will tell, and I didn't say something which requires "outstanding logic" to understand. I said something which we have seen happening more than once.
DeepanshGoyal
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
UDC is still maturing, there's no way any company will get results comparable to regular cameras unless they innovate a new pixel technology that allow all the light to pass through the screen. Rn everyone is just arranging different pixel array and doing software magic to enhance the output. If mi uses same technique there's nothing new, but that higher pixel count in camera means gathering more data to work on software algorithm to enhance the image.
0 Likes