Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy s20 plus is a horrible phone

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 05:29 PM)
Gauravl
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have been using the s20 plus for quite some time now. And when i initially bought the phone, i had a compaint which has just gotten worse with time. The phone over heats so much while using the camera and video calling. It has only gotten worse to the point where the camera starts to lag and freezes for a while. I have nothing but hatred for saumsung for giving such a **bleep** device to a fan. After spending a big amount and getting this phone i have taken a decision to not buy an exynos variant of samsung's phone. One would expect the flagship to perform better than a mid ranger but it fails to deliver consistently. I have had people ask me what phone they should buy and i clearly say them, NOT SAMSUNG - NEVER SAMSUNG EVER AGAIN. 
primusautobot
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
every processor heats up when in use, I am using both SD and Exynos from years side by side and can confirm
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Ikr
0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Its your unit issue. Dont blame the whole device. Just yours.
Not facing it here. Idk where you guys see these issues. Never seen any temperature warning or apps closing since the day i got this device . Device used to get warm, but it got fixed for me with January update. Now device doesn't warm up unless you record 4K, and higher res videos. Even my old oneplus used to warm up while shooting 4K. So its natural. Prolly your unit issue. I got mine in October start. Battery life is pretty decent on mine. In heavy usage with some gaming i can easily cross 6hrs sot. And in normal usage without gaming. Crossing 7hrs 45 mins. Using 120hz always. Prolly those who facing such issues have something fckd up in their side or unit. Mine is same exynos variant. It wont be as good as 865 is, small differences( big difference gap which was there has become similar with latest updates. Don't know how but it is) here and there. But those who dint get it for mrp its a good device. I still have big hate towards exynos chipsets. But its not that meh . I never thought Samsung could fix the warming up and heating while using camera. All these issues gone for me since jan update came. I update my device using smart switch coz ota updates getting lot of issues coz of Samsung not using dynamic ab. Im always using on 120hz i dont have issues.
0 Likes
Gauravl
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have two friends and a family member who own the s20 plus and have the same issues. And they all have bought the phone at different time. If so many units are facing an issue then the issue is bigger than i thought. But hey, thanks for your suggestion, will definitely visit a service center. Don't have any hopes of them helping out but will give it a try.
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
My brother and my friend has the same device. Both of them not facing it. Even some members here too not facing such issues
0 Likes
Gauravl
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah..and many of them are facing such issues..soooo
0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
If possible could you change that heading of the post, its really offending to us. We dont have such issues, and we see such horrible headings describing our devices.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Now he just straightforwardly said that he doubts that service center can help, make this your last reply here because it is not worth wasting your time here especially after someone says something like this.
Gauravl
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hey i didn't mean to offend you but can you imagine how offensive it is to a customer to get a bad product? I have been a fan of samsung's work but this is not done. So, sorry but won't be changing the title.
gautam20
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have been using this device since 3 months. I don't have any problem since Jan update . It's working flawless. I think It's problem with your device
0 Likes