Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy s20 plus is a horrible phone

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 06:52 PM)
Gauravl
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have been using the s20 plus for quite some time now. And when i initially bought the phone, i had a compaint which has just gotten worse with time. The phone over heats so much while using the camera and video calling. It has only gotten worse to the point where the camera starts to lag and freezes for a while. I have nothing but hatred for saumsung for giving such a **bleep** device to a fan. After spending a big amount and getting this phone i have taken a decision to not buy an exynos variant of samsung's phone. One would expect the flagship to perform better than a mid ranger but it fails to deliver consistently. I have had people ask me what phone they should buy and i clearly say them, NOT SAMSUNG - NEVER SAMSUNG EVER AGAIN. 
23 Comments
sid775
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yes true.. from now sorry to exynos
Gauravl
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you Swathi for the information. Have tried this but doesn't work effectively. Also the purpose of buying a flagship is defeated if i have to go ahead and do all these things just to ensure the issue is in check.
sid775
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yes I have paid almost 55k for this and I have to struggle to make many settings for less battery drain and less heating
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Again another dude, its basically your unit issue, could you take yours to service centre
ChetanCj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
it's not his issue most of the Samsung flagship have the same issue....infact my S20 does heats up a lot and Samsung have no solution to this.. you can find too many s21 user who recently purchased Thier devices are facing the same issue...
Galaxy S
Bro, I want to tell you one thing. There is a difference between Exynos and Exynos 990. 990 is a total "enter whatever bad you want to say here". But the other Exynos devices are not bad. Especially Exynos 2100 is really good.
0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
990 is not the 990 what it was before. After all the updates. Benchmarks went high, no old heating issues. Now it doesn't lag gaming. Getting constant 60fps. Battery life is decent. I have played games for 1 to 2 hrs, i dont have any issues. I came from a snapdragon 855 device so you may get it. S20 regular series not having issues, some who doesn't have properly flashed software and some defects in unit face these issues. So processor is not old one, it has improved. This processor is fine for casual gamers and day today tasks. Im using this device since October 1st week.
Galaxy S
This is the first time that I have heard something positive about Exynos 990. Obviously it has been improved, but for some reason people don't understand that and whatever issues they face, blame it on the processor. I am curious to see how many people actually speak about the hwating issu of S21U SD and blame the processor.
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Actually some issues you see even in snapdragon. Even my old oneplus 7 used to freeze up in some situations amd and i had to force reboot to fix it , sometimes heat up just like that. Every phone heats up, some highly based on environment temperature. These issues are basically based on software. The device will perform as good how you optimize the software. Even my brother has the same device. He never complained of such issues, he bought it in march when it got launched, and i asked him before buying. Same like him i dont have any issues like how the members say. Prolly they too hesitant to accept whats the truth