Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S9+ Screen Flickering issue

(Topic created on: 01-25-2021 08:30 AM)
Sharathsys
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I recently software updated my phone, after the update I'm getting horizontal lines and flickering when unlocking the phone using power button and a huge green tint on my phone. The display has got discoloration after the software security update, normally screen is fine but if we unlock using Power button this issue is happening. Temporarily if I am removing auto brightness and keeping always on display and do not use power button to unlock this issue does not occur, but when a call arrives the issue is still there.
Service station guys really not even aware of this issue I am surprised, they are living in an alien world when their mobiles are having this serious issue worldwide, pathetic.
I have lost trust on Samsung now, for time being I am switching to Oneplus, but I am really looking forward for Samsung support to keep my faith back in Samsung. 

6 Comments
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
gkarunakary2j
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
not only yours, almost everyone having same problem, talk is it is caused by software update after oneui 2.5, mine was s9 having same problem for 3 months, turn always on display, enable fingerprint unlock, press power button then tap on screen until u see the clock then unlock with figerprint
0 Likes
PradeepDaniel
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I use Galaxy Note 9 . After the April 2021 update I'm getting horizontal lines and flickering . The display has got discoloration after the software security update. Temporarily i have turned off the Adaptive brightness and always set the brightness below 10% if I increase I get the screen line issue. With such low brightness its hard to use the mobile.
Service guys really not even aware of this issue such a useless support when 1000s of people have reported it.

I got the very exact issue in April 2020 after the update and then it got resolved. Seems it come back again this April unacceptable to let the bugs repeat in premium mobiles. Not sure if it's intentionally done to make people update mobiles..
Galaxy S
Exactly same issue and issue started after aug 21 update.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Its so disappointing on samsung part. Is this what flagship phones meant for ? Such a shame. Samsung you will loose many consumers.
0 Likes