Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S8/Note 8 OS updates

(Topic created on: 12-01-2019 03:36 PM)
AnkitS8
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Very much dissapointed by the update policy of Samsung as S8/S8+/Note 8 are not listed for Android Q updates. Someone explain me that Samsung J7 (2016) model got 2 major OS updates from android 6 to 7 and even it got android 8. Samsung S8/Note 8 are 2017 flagship devices how can its update policy is equivalent to J7 series. One Plus and Apple iphones are much better to buy because of their update policies. For other users whether S9/Note 9 or S10/Note 10 i would like to say its not the problem of S8/Note 8 devices only. Upcoming flagship would also be discarded by Samsung unlike S8 and S7. Atleast Samsung should change its update policy for the upcoming flagships.
5 Comments
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
yes I'm totally disappointed and even I'm S8 user
Galaxy S
Simple Bro Galaxy S8 series and Note 8 series Are Two Years Old Flagship That the reason why the Android 10 Not Pushed To S8 and Note 8

Hope Will Get One UI 2.0
ArvindFluidic
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

One UI 2.0 is coupled with the Android 10 software.   So any smartphone wont get the ONE UI 2.0 separately without Android 10 software support.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
s8 and note 8 already get 2 major updates...so it will not get any major update again
drvksah
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
disappointed to listen...about Note 8..
but request Samsung....to rethink and add ....🤔
0 Likes