Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S7 Battery Life

(Topic created on: 10-24-2017 08:09 AM)
AnkitAgarwal01
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Have a very basic question regarding the battery life on the Samsung galaxy s7
The question is no where regarding what the battery life should be regards the usage
The question is very general and very basic

On a brand new Samsung galaxy s7 purchased 3 days back what should be the estimated hours life should it display with and without the power saving mode kept on or off

For example in the attached photo one can see that with the power mode kept on and having 50% battery remaining in hours it is showing estimated battery life of 6 hours and 29 mins ( subject to usage which i understand, hence the word estimated is displayed) and without the power saving mode it shows 5 hours 39 mins

In the same manner, on having a 100% battery charge what should the estimated battery life be displayed at "ideally" speaking on a brand new Samsung galaxy s7

As technically speaking it should display about 20 hours of battery life where as on this brand new phone with a 100% charge it shows me nothing more than approx 12-14 hours of battery life estimated.

Please help with the corrective steps to be taken. if any..676150e4-e1a9-4de7-a311-43d86953fb4c.jpg
0 Likes
21 Comments
Lightning
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
well I am getting 20 hours of battery backup everyday
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I agree
not denying
sharing another screenshot on another s7 purchased 6 months back and still the battery life is approx 20 hours as shown in new attachment. But on this new 3 4 days old Samsung s7 having this issue. And have kept all unnecessary things off and are switched on only on a need basis. for e.g. gps etc096fa262-0e7f-44fe-be1b-b034685e5802.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
called Samsung customer care. But no help at all. Just a recorded tape recorder answer by the personnel. the personnel just not ready to understand the issue as posted here by me
I hope Samsung replies back
0 Likes
karanmittal
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i'm also getting same problem with battery. just getting 13hrs backup max..
0 Likes
Lightning
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
bud it depends on ur usage
0 Likes
Galaxy S
that's why I mentioned in the post the question isn't around usage time. it's about estimated battery life quote. if somebody in the community has the same Samsung phone (any model) since continuous 3 years will or more will be able to comprehend to the fact that in the initial 1 1.5 years if the estimated battery life quote was 20 hours on a 100% charge in due course has come down to 13 15 hours of battery estimated life. I had the same deal will the s6 Initially was giving 20 hours but in due course came down to 12 hours. this s7 brand new on the other hand is showing 12 14 hours currently. I hope you get what point i am trying to make
0 Likes
Galaxy S
And just out of curiosity Does Samsung replace the phone on such an issue?
0 Likes
Lightning
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
no
0 Likes
Lightning
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
as there is no defect in device
0 Likes