Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Media Storage Causing Accessive Battery Drain.

(Topic created on: 04-21-2021 12:14 PM)
SB1701
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,
I just bought a brand new Galaxy S21 Ultra. It's been 6 Days since I bought the phone. From day one I have been facing serious battery drain and heating issues with my phone. At times I even have to charge my phone 3 times a day which is crazy considering the phone has a 5000 MAH battery . In the background it always shows media shortage is consuming battery and there is no way to force stop the media storage. I have even tried resetting the phone twice and even that does not help. Getting is touch with Samsung support also isn't helping. Has anyone else faced these issues and was able to solve the problem. If yes, then please share. Thanks

25 Comments
SB1701
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Here.

Screenshot_20210421-014059_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
s4s
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I heard this problem of battery drain in oneplus and oppo too in android 11. No specific solution I heard, as each case seems to be specific to an app or game causing this for few. Figure out the app which is causing it and make it to sleep when not in use.
0 Likes
SB1701
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hello,
According to me it's WhatsApp that's causing this issue. Tried putting WhatsApp on sleep but no results.
0 Likes
s4s
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
In Samsung cloud, if you have moved backup data to one drive alreary, you see a setting for gallery, turn off this sync and see if it resolves. Whatsapp may add images to disk, some cloud service might be uploading them too. It's not very clear to solve this. Trial and error only as it happens to few.

Screenshot_20210421-115021_Samsung Cloud_8449.jpg

0 Likes
SB1701
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Done. Switched it off.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes